Notices

2015 Auto show.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 12:44 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo

Also, I am approaching middle age, and I am already becoming a snobby, arrogant, ***** that gets frustrated at all the mouth breathers wearing sideways OBEY hats with manicured facial hair who couldn't change a tire or point out the difference between a camshaft and a camel *****.

Probably not going next year unless I go on a Tuesday night... after some cognac.

P
LMFAO. awesome.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:14 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
Also, I am approaching middle age, and I am already becoming a snobby, arrogant, ***** that gets frustrated at all the mouth breathers wearing sideways OBEY hats with manicured facial hair who couldn't change a tire or point out the difference between a camshaft and a camel *****.
Funny you should mention... I went last Friday afternoon for an hour or so as I had free passes and my office is connected to the Convention Center. It was mildly interesting at best but what I did notice was the crowd was a bit um, how do I say it... diverse?

Loads of Nascar shirts and camo hats in addition to the normal idiot parents letting their kids go berserker inside a $100k+ car and old folks getting in the way. Several entertaining moments of people freaking out at cars that cost >$100k as if that isn't a thing. Certainly not the same experience as one of Pfaff's events that is for sure.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:30 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise
Loads of Nascar shirts and camo hats...
So... are saying you where comfortable in a surrounding with your friends?

Actually.... to be honest... I have 4 NASCAR shirts. I buy them at Walmart in Florida for less than $5 because they are previous season. I wear them when I charcoal BBQ, smoke meat, or do something really dirty. I own t-shirts adorned by the cars of Matt Kenseth, Jimmy Johnson, Tony Stewart, and Dale Jr...

I would need to borrow a camo hat to hang out with you however...
Old 02-24-2016, 01:55 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Well played.

I'm certainly not a fashion plate myself but just saying there was a whiff of 'Eau de Trailer Park' at times. Clearly I'm also on the snobby, arrogant ***** train like yourself.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:58 PM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by Vise
Well played.
Thanks for being cool and able to take a joke...
Old 02-24-2016, 03:20 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,026 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
Thanks for being cool and able to take a joke...
watch for the two guys at next years show on a tuesday night dressed like mr peanut.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:36 PM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by theiceman
watch for the two guys at next years show on a tuesday night dressed like mr peanut.
LOL!!!... Drunk Mr.Peanut you mean...
Old 02-24-2016, 04:36 PM
wc11
Race Car

Received 154 Likes on 99 Posts

It was somewhat "peopleofwalmart.com" at times.
Definitely small gene pool families in attendance but then who's paying attention anyway?
Old 02-24-2016, 04:51 PM
Banned

Well I love rednecks ( mostly cause I am one, pick up, horses, country living and always a gun and machete near the bed , yeeeeehaw!!) But I still hate car shows of all kinds...I don't want to stand around and look at stuff ,I want to drive .
Old 02-24-2016, 09:07 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
I visit dealers often just out of interest, and have not been the CIAS in years since I can see the same cars at the dealers without the crowds.

Probably not going next year unless I go on a Tuesday night... after some cognac.

P
Oh trust me...I agree.

But media day means only dealing with the media, early on a weekday cuts down on the Woodbridge crowd.

Also, I was in an uncharacteristically good mood last week.
Old 02-24-2016, 10:47 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by wc11
It was somewhat "peopleofwalmart.com" at times.
Definitely small gene pool families in attendance but then who's paying attention anyway?
I felt bad for the sales people at Benz who were being asked useless questions..

My friend and I made a game of counting how many people were wearing harley davidson shirts and belt buckles..
Old 02-25-2016, 05:00 AM
928gt
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregster
I felt bad for the sales people at Benz who were being asked useless questions..

My friend and I made a game of counting how many people were wearing harley davidson shirts and belt buckles..
Actually, Benz only had two sales people at the show... the rest were all of the "Rent-A-Hooters-Waitress" variety so their brains were probably being fully utilized even with the useless questions. And, now that I wrote that I have a sneaking suspicion that that's where the RAUH-Welt name really comes from.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:57 AM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 1965356
Well I love rednecks ( mostly cause I am one, pick up, horses, country living and always a gun and machete near the bed , yeeeeehaw!!) ....
You cant buy a farm, a pick up, a horse and a gun and start calling yourself a redneck. Zookie likes rap and gold rims, but that don't make him a brother.
I am afraid you might have Megalomania.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:46 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,026 Likes on 730 Posts

speaking of which The Brotha has been keeping low profile lately .. is he off collecting his oil money again ?
Old 02-25-2016, 03:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by StanThePorscheFan
You cant buy a farm, a pick up, a horse and a gun and start calling yourself a redneck. Zookie likes rap and gold rims, but that don't make him a brother. I am afraid you might have Megalomania.
4 horses worked the cattle and did rodeo and 14 guns! All redneck ! And I love hip hop too!

Quick Reply: 2015 Auto show.