Received 979 Likes on 472 Posts

Where are the oil sale threads? WE need a distraction. LOL
Old 03-22-2019, 04:10 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by matt3rs
Why do you think you must be included when I said "we"? "We" can represent as few as two people. If you scroll up you'll see that some of us were having a discussion. I brought this thread back because there was a relevant update.

In that case WE would like to know if you were this much of a PITA on other car forums too before you popped up here?
Old 03-22-2019, 05:09 PM
matt3rs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Imo000
In that case WE would like to know if you were this much of a PITA on other car forums too before you popped up here?
Sorry if I somehow hurt your feelings.
Old 03-22-2019, 06:11 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Adamant1971
Where are the oil sale threads? WE need a distraction. LOL
thats my fav. "I SAVED 3 BUCKS"!!!
Old 03-22-2019, 07:00 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 599 Likes on 292 Posts

Matt3rs I agree with you so you can count me in as part of your collective “we”.

I think the cars and coffee circle jerk crew are bored so they are looking to antagonize you.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:14 PM
matt3rs
Advanced

Originally Posted by moab
Matt3rs I agree with you so you can count me in as part of your collective “we”.

I think the cars and coffee circle jerk crew are bored so they are looking to antagonize you.
I appreciate you restoring what little faith I had left in humanity.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:10 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 365 Posts

I would like to see the front plate removed. Radar cops point their radar at the front plate, so removing it would be good. When driving in New York state, the radar cops are looking for white plates to pull over, so removal would be good.
however, in the nanny state of Ontario, front plates are here to stay, just like how they are lowering the speed limit in Toronto.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:31 PM
991.2 GTS
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

matt3rs, I’m in the “we” as well. You asked a simple relevant question to the legitimate news article. I’m hoping that “we” will get some relevant answers!

Originally Posted by matt3rs
Just found out New Brunswick is removing their front licence plate. Not much reporting on it but found this article.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5077931/n...-plate-budget/

Is there hope for Ontario to follow suit now.... could this be just a coincidence that it happened in the exact time frame your little birdie mentioned?
Old 03-22-2019, 09:36 PM
matt3rs
Advanced

Originally Posted by 991.2 GTS
matt3rs, I’m in the “we” as well. You asked a simple relevant question to the legitimate news article. I’m hoping that “we” will get some relevant answers!

Thanks dude. I really thought it was simple as that. I'm reminded why I avoided forums and cars & coffee. There's always going to be a few cancerous individuals in a crowd that ruins it for everyone else.

Anyway, I'm doubtful but hopeful. Ford did remove the drive clean emissions program so it's not unprecedented that an automotive legislation or program is scrapped. Fingers crossed!

Old 03-22-2019, 09:56 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,121 Likes on 731 Posts

I'm hopeful as well!

Has anybody emailed the premiers office or transport minister?
Old 03-22-2019, 10:04 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 366 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
When driving in New York state, the radar cops are looking for white plates to pull over, so removal would be good.
I live in New York and didn't use a front plate (which is "illegal" here) but I can tell you that you can have a white, green, purple, rainbow-colored, or no front plate and you will get pulled over if the opportunity arises, especially in small towns where ticket revenue is huge. Also, I make about a dozen trips to Mosport every summer for track days and, almost without fail, I was being asked on either side of the border where my front plate was.

So I bit the bullet and got a plate holder that screws into the front tow hook hole--looks like hell but it's on a Mini, not a Porsche....does the job. At the track, off it comes, then back on for home. No questions, no lies

Gary
Old 03-22-2019, 10:09 PM
991.2 GTS
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Great idea, we need to come up with with a list of contacts to email

Originally Posted by SToronto
I'm hopeful as well!

Has anybody emailed the premiers office or transport minister?
Old 03-31-2019, 12:34 AM
matt3rs
Advanced

Here's another little update for those interested. (I personally don't care what they change the slogan to because my licence plate frame covers it anyway.)
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2019/0...ts_a_23703079/

The only takeaway from that article was this: "The Progressive-Conservatives are also considering ditching front licence plates, the Star reported."

I don't have a subscription to the star so this is all I had access to. This topic is on the table for them at least.
Old 03-31-2019, 09:26 AM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 599 Likes on 292 Posts

Thanks for the update. I actually have a subscription to the Star (I guess I'm a glutton for punishment). Here is the relevant excerpt:

"Sources say the Tories are also looking into following the lead of Quebec and many American states by getting rid of front licence plates.

“There’s no need for them anymore,” confided one senior Conservative insider, speaking on condition of anonymity in order to discuss sensitive cabinet matters."
Old 03-31-2019, 10:54 AM
matt3rs
Advanced

Originally Posted by moab
Thanks for the update. I actually have a subscription to the Star (I guess I'm a glutton for punishment). Here is the relevant excerpt:

"Sources say the Tories are also looking into following the lead of Quebec and many American states by getting rid of front licence plates.

“There’s no need for them anymore,” confided one senior Conservative insider, speaking on condition of anonymity in order to discuss sensitive cabinet matters."
Thanks, that sounds a lot more promising. Although I don't understand why they would say "Quebec and many American states" when three quarters of Canada itself don't require it. I just think that is more relevant than mentioning what the States are doing. Plus, who wants to follow the lead of Quebec in anything

Quick Reply: Warning re front license plate