Notices

Warning re front license plate

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 02:22 PM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Cops say they like front plates in Ontario but aren't we one of 3 provinces that require them?I really don't care one way or another but definitely wouldn't drive without front plate....asking for trouble IMO. I just got a ticket for expired sticker (expired while car was in hibernation for the winter) while I see endless cars on the road with delaminated/unreadable rear plates . Don't need to attract any more attention to Guards red..................
Old 05-30-2020, 12:42 AM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 911boy
Cops say they like front plates in Ontario but aren't we one of 3 provinces that require them?I really don't care one way or another but definitely wouldn't drive without front plate....asking for trouble IMO. I just got a ticket for expired sticker (expired while car was in hibernation for the winter) while I see endless cars on the road with delaminated/unreadable rear plates . Don't need to attract any more attention to Guards red..................
I thought you didn't have to renew your sticker at this time due to COVID.
The following users liked this post:
991.2 GTS (05-30-2020)
Old 05-30-2020, 06:47 AM
Porsches
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

With 20+ pages of comments - the point is that it should be a personal choice for a plate in front. That means - if you want to - go ahead. But THE F-ING POINT IS this should not be the law.

Criminals are not getting away with jack because they took their plate off or we are not smarter for having plates in front of our cars. It’s STUPID. My car My Choice should be the rule. Get one plate or two. On back is required.
Old 05-30-2020, 09:02 AM
Anakin Skywalker
Drifting

Received 478 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsches
With 20+ pages of comments - the point is that it should be a personal choice for a plate in front. That means - if you want to - go ahead. But THE F-ING POINT IS this should not be the law.

Criminals are not getting away with jack because they took their plate off or we are not smarter for having plates in front of our cars. It’s STUPID. My car My Choice should be the rule. Get one plate or two. On back is required.
The only reason I can discern for no front plate, or that the law is stupid, etc etc in the 20 plus pages of discussion is vanity.
The following users liked this post:
Bahama (06-01-2020)
Old 05-30-2020, 04:04 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts

This is your opinion and I feel the opposite. I feel there should be front plates and it shouldn't be a choice. Since we disagree, why don;t you stop posting?
The following 3 users liked this post by Imo000:
928gt (05-31-2020), Ronan (05-31-2020), wc11 (05-30-2020)
Old 05-31-2020, 11:05 AM
928gt
Burning Brakes

Received 228 Likes on 147 Posts

And our f-ing point is that *YOU* fortunately do not get to decide what the law should or should not be, so stop f-ing whining. You three possible options are to to (a) disobey the law and deal with the possible consequences thereof, (b) attempt to change the law by running for office with your platform of abolishing front plates and then get majority support for it, or (c) move to a place where they are not required where you can live in peace without having your aesthetic sensibilities offended. Stop beating the decomposing carcass that once used to be a dead horse and quit your f-ing whining. If you just feel the need to loudly protest and express your displeasure, there are other more worthwhile causes for you to focus your energy into instead of just trolling.
The following 4 users liked this post by 928gt:
Adamant1971 (06-01-2020), Bahama (06-01-2020), Ronan (05-31-2020), wc11 (05-31-2020)

Quick Reply: Warning re front license plate