Notices

Warning re front license plate

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 03:03 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by 928gt
I too sometimes choose to disobey the rules and/or the law, and moreover I certainly disagree with certain provisions of it - but that doesn't mean that the rules and/or the law themselves are unreasonable and that they need to be changed to allow what I think I should be able to do.
You must be that guy double dipping his tater chips in the onion dip like there's no tomorrow.....
Living large and on the edge!!

Now, back to regular programming...
Old 03-21-2019, 03:37 PM
928gt
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
You must be that guy double dipping his tater chips in the onion dip like there's no tomorrow.....
Living large and on the edge!!

Now, back to regular programming...
LOL. Yup, that's me all right. I too race cars, and I can furthermore publicly admit to doing 184 km/h on a public road in Ontario for example... but you won't hear me whine about how the law is unreasonable. How much double-dipping do you do?
Old 03-21-2019, 03:51 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

LOL. Yup, that's me all right. I too race cars, and I can furthermore publicly admit to doing 184 km/h on a public road in Ontario for example... but you won't hear me whine about how the law is unreasonable. How much double-dipping do you do?
My preference is for plateless Porsche front bumpers, but also a non-whining double-dipping racer from waaaay back....
Takes one to know one.

Old 03-21-2019, 03:54 PM
928gt
Burning Brakes

Old 03-21-2019, 04:15 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 331 Posts

damn right!

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
My preference is for plateless Porsche front bumpers, but also a non-whining double-dipping racer from waaaay back....
Takes one to know one.

Old 03-21-2019, 04:18 PM
matt3rs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL. I guess having to have numbers and/or decals on your track and race car(s) must be an absolute nightmare then. If you are so upset with having two small identification plates on your aesthetically perfect masterpiece, I can't even fathom the horror of having to put even larger number decals and all sorts of sticker on your track car. I am sure you have expessed your dissatisfaction to the PCA and whatever regulator body oversees your racing activities.

It's a freakin' identification marking required by a regulatory body that indeed serves a valid and reasonable purpose, on a vehicle that you VOLUNTARILY CHOOSE to drive within the boundaries where the rules of said regulatory body apply. Get over it.
Calm down buddy. I guess I gave you too much credit. Definitely a level 1. You're that guy who hogs the left lane going the speed limit on your way to turn yourself in for going 184km/h on a public road. Simply just flawed. It is becoming apparent that you're more obsessed about keeping the front plate than we are about removing it. This thread was discussing the likelihood of Ontario following the majority of the country regarding the necessity of a front plate. If you're not going contribute to this topic then you can keep your opinions to yourself because clearly no one asked for it.

It is hard to discuss with you when you have no idea what is considered to be aesthetically pleasing. You're comparing the aesthetics of a piece of metal on the front of a car to clothes on a naked body. You then compare this piece of metal that ruins the look of the car to temporary decals that can be removed whenever you please. Not to mention, when applied appropriately, decals are actually aesthetically pleasing. I'm confident in saying I'm not the only person who does not follow your logic.

Let's get back on track for people who may have some insight on the original matter.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:58 PM
928gt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by matt3rs
Calm down buddy. I guess I gave you too much credit. Definitely a level 1. You're that guy who hogs the left lane going the speed limit on your way to turn yourself in for going 184km/h on a public road. Simply just flawed. It is becoming apparent that you're more obsessed about keeping the front plate than we are about removing it. This thread was discussing the likelihood of Ontario following the majority of the country regarding the necessity of a front plate. If you're not going contribute to this topic then you can keep your opinions to yourself because clearly no one asked for it.

It is hard to discuss with you when you have no idea what is considered to be aesthetically pleasing. You're comparing the aesthetics of a piece of metal on the front of a car to clothes on a naked body. You then compare this piece of metal that ruins the look of the car to temporary decals that can be removed whenever you please. Not to mention, when applied appropriately, decals are actually aesthetically pleasing. I'm confident in saying I'm not the only person who does not follow your logic.

Let's get back on track for people who may have some insight on the original matter.
I am afraid you may have misunderstood my point, but the ad hominem swipes say more about you than me and are furthermore not helping your case. The only argument I am making is that front license plates in this province - and the vast majority of countries in the world if not all of them - are required by law, and that by choosing to drive a car registered in this province you are explicitly agreeing to abide by said law or suffer the consequences. You are free to break the law as you see fit, but when you get caught, man up and pay the fine instead of whining how the law is wrong because some provision in it offends your aesthetic preferences as that is the only argument you and the other anti-platers are putting forward. "It's an ugly wart on my otherwise beautiful car that the evil government is forcing me to put on". That front plate is so offensive to your aesthetic tastes that it ruins your enjoyment of the car? Like, really?
Old 03-21-2019, 05:06 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

Hey mattress,
This is the wrong place to discuss license plates dude!
Old 03-21-2019, 05:52 PM
matt3rs
Advanced

There, there... take a deep breath and relax. I understand it is difficult to force others to agree with you, especially when you charge into a discussion head first and miss the point.
I believe I share similar sentiments as most who replied this thread on the matter being discussed.
Perhaps you have difficulty with comprehension, but that's okay. I'll try to break it down in a way you'll understand.
1. No one needs you to explain to them Ontario requires a front plate. We know.
2. This thread is discussing the possibility for Ontario to follow the rest of the country. Hence, your personal views on the matter are inconsequential.
3. Most car enthusiasts enjoy the clean look of the front without a plate. It only makes sense we hope the laws could allow us to do so legally.
4. We were having a discussion. You're whining.
5. Don't try to force your opinions on others. I enjoy staring at my car as much as driving it. I don't need you to teach me how to enjoy my car.

If Ford is ever so kind in abolishing the front plate as well, you can sleep well at night knowing you can still keep yours on. No one will take it away from you or give you a ticket for it.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:14 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

The whole thing seems like this to me. Personally have no problem with front plates on my cars; if the law changes I will probably leave them on and not worry about it; new cars will be front plateless. I am so used to seeing cars in Europe and the rest of he world with plates that this is just an NA obsession; each to his own.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:44 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

There, there... take a deep breath and relax. I understand it is difficult to force others to agree with you, especially when you charge into a discussion head first and miss the point.
I believe I share similar sentiments as most who replied this thread on the matter being discussed.
Perhaps you have difficulty with comprehension, but that's okay. I'll try to break it down in a way you'll understand.
1. No one needs you to explain to them Ontario requires a front plate. We know.
2. This thread is discussing the possibility for Ontario to follow the rest of the country. Hence, your personal views on the matter are inconsequential.
3. Most car enthusiasts enjoy the clean look of the front without a plate. It only makes sense we hope the laws could allow us to do so legally.
4. We were having a discussion. You're whining.
5. Don't try to force your opinions on others. I enjoy staring at my car as much as driving it. I don't need you to teach me how to enjoy my car.

If Ford is ever so kind in abolishing the front plate as well, you can sleep well at night knowing you can still keep yours on. No one will take it away from you or give you a ticket for it.
You are now the representative of WE, who is this we?
Old 03-22-2019, 10:36 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronan
The whole thing seems like this to me. Personally have no problem with front plates on my cars; if the law changes I will probably leave them on and not worry about it; new cars will be front plateless. I am so used to seeing cars in Europe and the rest of he world with plates that this is just an NA obsession; each to his own.
i was wondering the same thing, i have been to many places around the world and they all have front plates, its only in America and Canada i see certain states & provinces without front plate.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:47 AM
928gt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Imo000
The guardians of liberty and the chosen ones in the struggle for preservation of aesthetic beauty who know better than the rest of us, the great unwashed (and mattress is apparently also one of the world's leading psychologists and philosophers in the field of epistemology). In short, they are the Illuminati. Haven't you been reading Imre?
Old 03-22-2019, 12:01 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

The guardians of liberty and the chosen ones in the struggle for preservation of aesthetic beauty who know better than the rest of us, the great unwashed (and mattress is apparently also one of the world's leading psychologists and philosophers in the field of epistemology). In short, they are the Illuminati. Haven't you been reading Imre?

You've made me Google epistemology.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:42 PM
matt3rs
Advanced

Originally Posted by Imo000
Why do you think you must be included when I said "we"? "We" can represent as few as two people. If you scroll up you'll see that some of us were having a discussion. I brought this thread back because there was a relevant update.

Quick Reply: Warning re front license plate