Notices

Winter Karting signup

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 05:53 PM
Bahama
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

but I love the competition of it!
We all like the competition, but is purposely tripping a base runner to make the out being competitive ? One or two fewer cars in the heats might have made for fewer congestions in some of the corners (unless your sense of competitiveness favours that).
Old 01-07-2016, 06:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Christien
Personally I like the wild-west aspect. I don't mind being rammed, and sometimes I was able to use that person trying to ram me to actually keep a better line. I mean, sure, we can't be bashing through barriers and I wouldn't want to see someone getting hurt, but I love the competition of it!
Only the ****** will complain. And clearly you aren't a *****.
The ****** will ruin this event fast enough, I predict the karting events eventually will be held in the parking lot where everyone stands around and stares at the karts before running home so they aren't out too long for fear of their wives berating them

Last edited by 1965356; 01-07-2016 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:04 PM
Brian 162
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

They did say it was a Nascar type race so I took it from there. Sorry Jim I didn't mean to spin you but I went for the opening.
After I got bumped a few times I figured it was game on. My left shoulder is a little sore after getting slammed in the left side then punted in the right side wall (at the last hairpin).
I had a riot, thanks again to Stan and Christien for organizing the event.

Last edited by Brian 162; 01-07-2016 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:21 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Great turn out and a great fun was had by all, except Glenn.
Jim, I hope you get better quickly. That was a nasty crash.

Originally Posted by Bahama
Do ever wonder why you see so many you tube videos from Russia/Poland with vehicles crashing on highways ? Alcohol, underage, and just plain crazy drivers. Maybe good that some had a limiter placed on their rides on the latter stages. Nuff said!
No, not enough said. Glenn is talking about me. I was the russian drunk crazy driver who was finally tamed by a crappy car on the last round.

Glenn, I cant believe the attitude you gave me after I unintentionally spun you out, even though I apologized right away on the track and again when we got off. I was leading that race, the accident put me into 5th, I crawled back up to second within 2 laps. You were the slowest car on the track. If you want to talk track etiquette, then you are supposed to move over and let the faster traffic by (like I did on the last race), instead of trying to block and brake suddenly and on purpose. And I dont appreciate you bringing the Russian-drivers-crashing youtube crap up either. "Alcohol"? "Underage"? "Crazy"? WOW! I cant wait for the next time so my russian friends and I can bash you around a little more, old man.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:38 PM
JayinToronto
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Without the rubbin' I think it would get pretty boring pretty quick. Maybe there should be a third group that uses point-bys like DE events?
Old 01-07-2016, 10:46 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

Gotta luv the internet. Brian, the BIG crash wasn't on you BTW, and I don't know who crashed into me later on. But I think it would be helpful to have a chat amongst ourselves before going on track. Carry on.

Looking at the track stats,, Stan has the fastest lap time this month and I don't know who did 2 or 3 but as of our track day I was 4th. Just saying. We should have a talk before going on track next time.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:46 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JayinToronto
Without the rubbin' I think it would get pretty boring pretty quick. Maybe there should be a third group that uses point-bys like DE events?
Wait till you get dug out of the wall.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by StanThePorscheFan
Great turn out and a great fun was had by all, except Glenn. Jim, I hope you get better quickly. That was a nasty crash. No, not enough said. Glenn is talking about me. I was the russian drunk crazy driver who was finally tamed by a crappy car on the last round. Glenn, I cant believe the attitude you gave me after I unintentionally spun you out, even though I apologized right away on the track and again when we got off. I was leading that race, the accident put me into 5th, I crawled back up to second within 2 laps. You were the slowest car on the track. If you want to talk track etiquette, then you are supposed to move over and let the faster traffic by (like I did on the last race), instead of trying to block and brake suddenly and on purpose. And I dont appreciate you bringing the Russian-drivers-crashing youtube crap up either. "Alcohol"? "Underage"? "Crazy"? WOW! I cant wait for the next time so my russian friends and I can bash you around a little more, old man.
Hahahaha you tell him...like I said ...******....If you guys do Rennlist fight club im in for that , even in a parking lot
Old 01-08-2016, 12:45 PM
JayinToronto
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JimV8
Wait till you get dug out of the wall.
Was it really that bad?
Old 01-08-2016, 01:10 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,162 Likes on 833 Posts

wow this is like real nascar ... I wasn't even there and I can imagine Glenn running down pit lane after Stan .. with the crews breaking them up ..

Just remember at the end of the day we are all still a close group , don't let the competitive juices spoil that ..

I love go carts and miss being there . Unfortunately I have had an accident and may need shoulder surgery so will be out of this fun event for the first year . I may endevour to come out and watch an event though and bring Micheal along to ride.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:19 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JayinToronto
Was it really that bad?
It was a fast section and I submarined under the wall. The track staff all ran over to check on me and they were really pissed at the damage done to the wall. A big chunk of plastic plate was shattered. I saw it and checked my side to see if it had impaled me.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:48 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theiceman
...I love go carts and miss being there . Unfortunately I have had an accident and may need shoulder surgery so will be out of this fun event for the first year . I may endevour to come out and watch an event though and bring Micheal along to ride.
Damn, what happened? Surgery sounds bad. Definitely bring Iceboy (can we still call him that? I mean he aint a kid anymore) next time.

It was a fast section and I submarined under the wall. The track staff all ran over to check on me and they were really pissed at the damage done to the wall. A big chunk of plastic plate was shattered. I saw it and checked my side to see if it had impaled me.
I've hit those walls before pretty bad. It never looks bad from the spectator point of view, but it still leaved you quite sore for a few days. There is a reason all staff ran to you right away, people got hurt on this track in the past. Hope you get better soon.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:47 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Thanks Stan, i'm OK. I thought the pre-race meeting would be useful so i could explain to everybody that if you shunt me off the track I will punch you in the face afterwards.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:10 AM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

That's good to hear, Jim.
You are absolutely right. Some bumping and rubbing it expected, but there was no need for accidents like the one you had.
We can have two groups, one being a non-contact, if anyone is interested. We would need to know this a few days in advance though.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:00 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 213 Posts

Thanks Stan, i'm OK. I thought the pre-race meeting would be useful so i could explain to everybody that if you shunt me off the track I will punch you in the face afterwards.
Now I'm pissed I didn't make it .....and leave my helmet on the whole time.

Quick Reply: Winter Karting signup