Got my car wrapped!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 11:39 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 573 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbojamie
They did a very good job.
agreed 100%. i will show u guys in person how they installed my 3M kit as well for my front bumper conversion. they did a very killer job considering it was some botched 3 piece eBay 3m special.

i was very impressed by the accurate/non-sloppy workmanship.

mann - looks very nice!
Old 10-14-2015, 11:51 AM
mannn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i will take some pics of the side mirror later... that's the hardest part to wrap i think
Old 10-14-2015, 02:24 PM
Mr Fish Tank
Racer

Looks clean... nice
Old 10-14-2015, 11:15 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts

I wanted to see the door jambs hoping it will be wrapped too. Details like that make or break a good colour change (regardless if its a wrap or paint). Leaving the door jambs untouched makes this a half finished job. Why not wrap everything?/
Old 10-14-2015, 11:29 PM
KLCC 88
Pro

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

I'm sure you can get the door jams wrap and hood wraps....all it takes is $$$ I guess. I would think base price does not include those areas.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:08 AM
mannn
Instructor

Originally Posted by Imo000
I wanted to see the door jambs hoping it will be wrapped too. Details like that make or break a good colour change (regardless if its a wrap or paint). Leaving the door jambs untouched makes this a half finished job. Why not wrap everything?/
you can ask for having it wrapped, but doors need to be removed from hinges and then needs re-alignment when putting them back. Cost more on labour.... i plan on having the car wrapped again in different colour in a few years, so i don't bother with it.

we have a different definition on colour change.
How far do you go to say it is a good colour change? door jambs and under the hood?? what about the inside of the engine compartment? take out the engine too?
Old 10-15-2015, 12:37 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Originally Posted by mannn
you can ask for having it wrapped, but doors need to be removed from hinges and then needs re-alignment when putting them back. Cost more on labour.... i plan on having the car wrapped again in different colour in a few years, so i don't bother with it.

we have a different definition on colour change.
How far do you go to say it is a good colour change? door jambs and under the hood?? what about the inside of the engine compartment? take out the engine too?
Yes to all of the above. Perhaps the engine compartment can't hold up to a wrap so that could be left out but otherwise wrap everything especially the driver and passenger door jambs. What would you think if you saw a car painted like the way your was wrapped? I would think it was a halfassed or a half finished job. Door removals on cars nowday are pretty easy. The wiring harness usually has a connector at the hinges (they do this for ease of assembly at the factory) so removing a door is usually pretty simple.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:07 PM
mannn
Instructor

Yes to all of the above. Perhaps the engine compartment can't hold up to a wrap so that could be left out but otherwise wrap everything especially the driver and passenger door jambs. What would you think if you saw a car painted like the way your was wrapped? I would think it was a halfassed or a half finished job. Door removals on cars nowday are pretty easy. The wiring harness usually has a connector at the hinges (they do this for ease of assembly at the factory) so removing a door is usually pretty simple.
meh... vinyl to me is temporary... paint is permanent... they are different.
to each their own.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:28 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 303 Likes on 207 Posts

I agree. It would drive me nuts every time I opened the door after spending that kind of coin.

Temporary? In reality we are the temporary owners of these cars as most move on after a few years.

Just saying ......
Old 10-15-2015, 02:42 PM
mannn
Instructor

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
I agree. It would drive me nuts every time I opened the door after spending that kind of coin.

Temporary? In reality we are the temporary owners of these cars as most move on after a few years.

Just saying ......
temporary because it's totally reversible, painting is not.

with your logic... you are temporarily living...
just saying...

whatever man... this door jamb **** should stop... why do you guys care anyway? it's my car for ****s sake. go get yours wrap with the rims too for all i care...
Old 10-15-2015, 02:43 PM
KLCC 88
Pro

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

just saying...

whatever man... this door jamb **** should stop... why do you guys care anyway? it's my car for ****s sake. go get yours wrap with the rims too for all i care...
Looks good that's all that matters!

Last edited by KLCC 88; 10-16-2015 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:37 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

just saying...

I think it looks great and sounds like you really like it! All that counts.

Why people insist on comparing a temporary $1-2K vinyl job to a $15-20K windows and engine-out paint job is beyond me. But stranger things are posted around here on a daily basis.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:38 PM
mannn
Instructor

Originally Posted by boman993
I think it looks great and sounds like you really like it! All that counts.

Why people insist on comparing a temporary $1-2K vinyl job to a $15-20K windows and engine-out paint job is beyond me. But stranger things are posted around here on a daily basis.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:19 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

just saying...

You are the one posting this and asking for opinions. Getting all pissy when not everyone is high fiveing you or patting you on the back for a job well done? My honesty opinion is that this and anyone doing a halfassed job like this is as ghetto as it comes. Car looks good until the door opens. Like a smiling supermodel with methmouthn.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:02 PM
mannn
Instructor

You are the one posting this and asking for opinions. Getting all pissy when not everyone is high fiveing you or patting you on the back for a job well done? My honesty opinion is that this and anyone doing a halfassed job like this is as ghetto as it comes. Car looks good until the door opens. Like a smiling supermodel with methmouthn.
I never asked for opinion in my first post... you are the one asking for door jamb photos.. so i posted it... and then you **** all over it... and that's fine, like i said before "to each their own".. i am not asking for high five... i could care less...

but for **** sakes... now you are calling me / my car ghetto?? seriously?? wow... I am new here... and i thought this forum is better than this...

Quick Reply: Got my car wrapped!