Notices

Question: Vehicle Transport From Vancouver To Toronto

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 07:06 AM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Received 197 Likes on 149 Posts

Just an update - management is coming back with an offer, so I'm looking to seal the deal in a week or two.

It's looking like I'll be in Toronto in late March/early April. I'm hesitant on bringing the car with me. I may sell it instead and pick up a Toyota Corolla or something.

If anyone's looking for a MY04 C2 coupe in Cobalt Blue with all the IMS/RMS stuff done and currently at 61,800KMs, send a message my way!
Old 02-04-2016, 12:34 PM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Adam @ TFX,

I know you're at Barrett-Jackson, but if you happen to pop into this thread, I've sent you an e-mail.

Thanks!

Mike
Old 02-06-2016, 01:34 AM
Potsnu
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't worry TFX, I think anyone reading both sides of the story can use their brain and figure out what went on here. I know exactly the type of person Mr. Lee is.

The only time I ever resort to online negative reviews is only a last resort and if the business is not cooperating with reasonable demands. Trying to strong arm you to pay for a mistake that was not caused by you is down right unethical.

Mr. Lee felt shafted from the experience and wanted someone to pay for it, he doesn't seem to care who foots the bill.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:48 PM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Just a follow up.

First things first - I regret selling the 996. The weather here has been amazing and whenever I see a Porsche on the the roads, be it Queen Street, the Gardiner Expressway, 401, or 427, I get jealous.

Secondly, I ended up shipping my kid brother's Toyota Corolla over with Hansen. It was $1200 all-in, door to door. I was supposed to drop it off and pick it up at their depots, but somehow, they sent a flat bed and picked it up and sent it via truck across the country. Service was great, although they did miss the original delivery date by a week (not a big deal.) The original quote was supposed to be for rail shipping. I would have gone with TFX, but I didn't want to bother them with a lowly Corolla.

Otherwise, loving Toronto so far. Loving the fast paced lifestyle and the opportunities and potential this city has to offer.

I hope to get back into another Porsche sometime in the near future!
Old 04-26-2016, 05:46 PM
TouringTeg
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is good to hear. I would use Hansens again for shipping a car in Canada. I was about the same for a small car Victoria to Quebec City. Picked up by flat deck then went by train.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:31 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TouringTeg
That is good to hear. I would use Hansens again for shipping a car in Canada. I was about the same for a small car Victoria to Quebec City. Picked up by flat deck then went by train.
Mike, come and join PCA UCR on the first weekend of June at Mosport! I'll email you details.

Quick Reply: Question: Vehicle Transport From Vancouver To Toronto