Notices

Are you kidding me.... :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 10:42 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It just sucks. Some people just don't give a ****.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:45 PM
zer026T
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't believe what I'm reading, you've had this car what - a week now? On the bright side it could have been a lot worse.. a little touching up and she'll be as good as new.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:35 AM
wc11
Race Car

Received 158 Likes on 100 Posts

Oh that sucks big time.
If your gonna do a respray, just enjoy the car for the rest of the summer and do it before you put it away.
I ll check to see if I still have my Dr.Colorchip kit. We could do a touch up in the mean time.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:38 AM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Go to your local NAPA store and get some Farecla compound. I think the one you want is #3, but read the bottle closely. With a terry cloth rag, start gently and gradually increase pressure until the dark material starts to come off. You should be able to get 100% of the discolouration off, and what you're left with might be imperceptible enough that it doesn't bother you. I learned of this stuff when I accidentally got black spray paint overspray on my yellow 944, and that's what a body shop recommended I do. I couldn't believe how well it worked.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:42 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 570 Likes on 351 Posts

stuff like this really p*$$es me off! don't understand society and the lack of care and conscience
Old 08-28-2015, 01:12 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,161 Likes on 832 Posts

Originally Posted by Christien
Go to your local NAPA store and get some Farecla compound. I think the one you want is #3, but read the bottle closely. With a terry cloth rag, start gently and gradually increase pressure until the dark material starts to come off. You should be able to get 100% of the discolouration off, and what you're left with might be imperceptible enough that it doesn't bother you. I learned of this stuff when I accidentally got black spray paint overspray on my yellow 944, and that's what a body shop recommended I do. I couldn't believe how well it worked.
and what you need for the other car that hit you is a special stuff called fecal compound ,
Old 08-28-2015, 01:23 PM
REDTURBO
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Gentleman!
I wouldn't have been too ticked if the front bumper needed a re-spray, but it was pretty clean unlike my last Porsche's front bumper.
I'm pretty certain it's scratched through the paint.

I might take Will's offer and complete a Dr. Colorchip job for the rest of the fall and re-spray the front end next spring after storage!
Old 08-28-2015, 02:07 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 213 Posts

That really sucks.
A can image the feeling you must have got in your gut when you saw it.

It's like people have the attitude that this is just normal wear and tear and not a problem.

I watched a guy do pretty much the same thing to a car in front of my office a while ago. I ran out on to Leslie and chased the f####r down and made him come back.
Old 08-28-2015, 02:14 PM
creaturecat
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

my daily-driver type vehicle has 5 different areas that have been hit and ran. twice in the parking lot at work.
in Vancouver.
not counting the door dings.
btw i am careful as to where i park, even with the Ford Ranger.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:34 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happened to me this winter in a private parking garage... a pick-up truck backed into my Mercedes and caused $4800 damage. Being a private garage, there was only one vehicle that was at the height that could cause the damage. Pick-Up driver was an *** and denied everything... cops and building management both said they can't do anything. No cameras and not enough evidence. So it cost me $500 and an insurance claim. The worst part was I had to drive a rental Buick for a week!!!

I have resigned to the fact that if you drive a car daily in Toronto, it will get scratched and dented... I just live with the small ones until I need to get a larger portion repaired or about to sell.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:51 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,161 Likes on 832 Posts

sorry to profile like people profile us but I find in general Pickup drivers the worst , if there is someone on my rear window trying to drive over top of me its usually a short bald guy in an f150 with his bb cap on backwards.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:56 PM
mike.baa
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Beautiful looking bumper too. Hopefully the damage won't be too bad.
Old 08-28-2015, 04:45 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
sorry to profile like people profile us but I find in general Pickup drivers the worst , if there is someone on my rear window trying to drive over top of me its usually a short bald guy in an f150 with his bb cap on backwards.
I think I have said this before here.... But one thing I always questioned: Do you have to be an a$$hole to buy a F150? or do you become an a$$hole WHEN you buy an F150?

Political Disclaimer: Yes, I know that is a generalization. No, I don't actually believe all drivers who drive one particular vehicle have the same attitude. It's an attempt at humor with a dose of probably truth.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:20 PM
terrencetong168
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
I think I have said this before here.... But one thing I always questioned: Do you have to be an a$$hole to buy a F150? or do you become an a$$hole WHEN you buy an F150?

Political Disclaimer: Yes, I know that is a generalization. No, I don't actually believe all drivers who drive one particular vehicle have the same attitude. It's an attempt at humor with a dose of probably truth.
i think those were the people that got dings and hits too often prior to the purchase of F150. In the end, they all said F it, buy a F150 and not give a **** lol
Old 08-28-2015, 05:25 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

I've always said most of the a$$holes on the road are BMW and pickup drivers. That's not to say that most BMW/truck drivers are a$$holes, just that most a$$holes are driving one of those two cars. Turns out I'm not wrong:

http://elitedaily.com/envision/cars/...s-on-the-road/

Quick Reply: Are you kidding me.... :(