Notices

OT: New Car Purchase Problems - Any Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 11:06 AM
eddy915
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No need to apologize at all. Thank you...the info you provided was insightful. I've never had to deal with a car issue so wasn't sure exactly what I should be doing to get their attention.

Originally Posted by Lemikson
Sorry, no, I don't have any email contacts from Honda Canada.
Old 08-27-2015, 04:22 PM
eddy915
Instructor

Was able to track down the email for the head of Honda Canada and an SVP this morning. Anyhow, I just received a call from Acura Canada and they said they're gonna try and work things out and were apologetic. They asked for a bit of time to get familiar with the file and will be calling me back tomorrow. They did indicate they don't see replacing the defective car with a new one.

Guess I should have escalated this a lot quicker...but fact remains I'm driving a RDX and I don't feel comfortable with a new car that had a bunch of problems on delivery. Guess I'll give them some time and see what they come back with.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:39 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

The initial issues that we had were almost a year ago now and while I was concerned at the time, they told me that they knew what the issue was and that it was addressable, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt and the car has been perfect since. I recently moved from Toronto to Vancouver and had no hesitation driving the car across the country.

Love the car today.

Originally Posted by eddy915
I heard the older MDXs had less problems (and Consumer Report agrees apparently) but the new ones have average reliability. Do you plan on keeping the 2014 with the original issue you experienced? (I'm not sure how bad it was but it didn't sound good either). For me it's a concern as I tend to keep my cars for a while. So the last thing I want is problems out of warranty period.

I'll keep in mind the other Acura dealerships if I ever buy an Acura again...but after getting off the phone call with the Customer Service Rep at Head Office...I was a bit livid today. He was standoffish and provided no empathy. He asked me whether I signed a document stating that if there were problems that Acura Canada had to provide a new vehicle. Anyhow...I'm meeting with my lawyer next week when I have some time if this isn't solved.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:38 PM
eddy915
Instructor

It's good to know that things have worked out for you.

They don't know what the issue is with the car and they're just waiting for a replacement part to give it a try and see if this will fix the issue. If they knew what the problem was, I would be a bit less concerned.

So the horrible experience continues as I deal with Head Office and the dealer. Both of them are apologizing...but the fact is no action has been taken and their apologies mean nothing without action (although Head Office is trying to get the part quicker). They also basically said they're not gonna replace the car. They keep on repeating that their obligation is only to fix the issue. I asked them whether it was their obligation to deliver a car without defects while the car is still on the lot. They said the mechanic didn't notice the problem during PDI...which basically means they were negligent. So things are basically going around in a circle and they aren't owning up to anything. I guess I will have to start posting my experience on social media with the title "Horrible experience with Acura!"

I've had a busy week and won't have a chance to meet up with my lawyer this week as I have to head out of town to Vancouver. As for the arbitration process that others have suggested through CAMVAP, they don't have the authority to tell Acura / dealer to provide a new vehicle (or extend the warranty) so that won't help my case.

Originally Posted by BioBanker
The initial issues that we had were almost a year ago now and while I was concerned at the time, they told me that they knew what the issue was and that it was addressable, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt and the car has been perfect since. I recently moved from Toronto to Vancouver and had no hesitation driving the car across the country.

Love the car today.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:16 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

Go to Vancouver, relax for a bit, don't worry about the car and when you get back, call and see where they are with it. As you can see, no amount of bictcn' and complaining is helping so just relax. Complaining on social media will turn ugly for you and if you do it anyways, might as well hand in your mancard.

Quick Reply: OT: New Car Purchase Problems - Any Advice?