Notices

Porsche Oakville 1, Indy 0

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 08:23 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

I use DFC for all my servicing, warranty or not, with the exception of tire replacement. Experience has been 100% great. Need a service tomorrow? Sure. Need a part? overnight. Very flexible, know my cars, never do unnecessary work. On a couple of occasions have inspected something and recommended against work, and for very small stuff have not always charged. It also 2km from my house.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:38 AM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sometimes unusual options require different maintenance. One example is PCCB. The wheel has to be removed very carefully because the ceramic brakes can chip. There is a special tool/procedure. If the dealer chips it they wil replace it. I doubt an INDY/tire shop will cover the damage to a $5K rotor. I don't like playing with fire.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:04 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by goatfarmerdave
I regularly go into Pfaff Woodbridge just to get 944 turbo oil filters.The gentleman in parts is one of the nicest guys I've ever met.Always treats me with the utmost respect and best service.So much so that I thanked him for his always excellent service last time I was there.
I hate being frog walked out front to a receptionist who can't make time in her busy day (talking with her boyfriend on her cell) to deem me important enough to take my money for an air filter. Yes, standing around looking at new Porsche's is nice - if that was my intent - but waiting until shes done scheduling her weekend activities is BS. This was the second and last time they (she) will ever do this to me. (For some bizarre reason they refuse to put a cash in for the parts department). I now go to Oakville where the parts guy was pleasant, took my money and we even chatted about racing. Carlo cleaned up Mosport - maybe he can do the same with Pffaf...
Old 10-03-2014, 11:44 AM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Wow. Tough customer. I find that a simple"excuse me, I'm ready to check out" works really well.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:25 PM
DES GTS
Pro

Received 174 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldstar
Porsche oakville offers the best service experience I have experienced in 25 years of premium car ownership. Every staff member encountered seems to go above and beyond. They truly deserve the accolades. I'm having some major work done now, the level of communication is exceptional.
I would agree. I find Tom Berger (After Sales Manager) and Jennifer Mrotzek (Service Consultant) to be a great team. They take terrific care of their clients. I am always happy with the service there. They really do go above and beyond.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:53 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bacura
Wow. Tough customer. I find that a simple"excuse me, I'm ready to check out" works really well.
Not fair - but anyway... Try, she turns away from you while talking. This isn't the first time and I've heard it from others as well. It's how you lose business. The little things like respect...
Old 10-03-2014, 04:43 PM
breakfast
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive not had a problem buying parts at pfaff woodbridge. Girl at the desk has been pleasant and courteous to me each time.

Last time she happened to be on the phone as I stood up at the desk. She promptly got off the phone. like it wasnt even a question or doubt. Off the phone to check me out.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:18 PM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

^Same.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:20 PM
tangram
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Adamant1971
I recently visited the dealer and Indy in Oakville on the same day. Holly polar opposites batman.

I must say I have to give kudos to Porsche Centre Oakville for having excellent staff and top notch customer service. Keep it up.
They are good folks. The Policaro family owns the dealership and are well known for customer service at their other dealerships.

I still take my 993 to Ernie at Mantis. He's serviced the car for 12 years. Sometimes I question the need to do certain things but in general it has been a positive experience. I always wonder if I am subsidizing his racing efforts!
Old 10-03-2014, 05:43 PM
goatfarmerdave
Pro

+2 Woodbridge Receptionist
Old 10-03-2014, 08:44 PM
Sir5n
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Ronan
I use DFC for all my servicing, warranty or not, with the exception of tire replacement. Experience has been 100% great. Need a service tomorrow? Sure. Need a part? overnight. Very flexible, know my cars, never do unnecessary work. On a couple of occasions have inspected something and recommended against work, and for very small stuff have not always charged. It also 2km from my house.
Big thumbs up for DFC!! Can't say enough about the long list of work they have done on my cars!!
Old 10-03-2014, 09:17 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

And for the record: I spent years in customer service, both front line and in the 'glass tower' - I'm not that hard to please and I know what over worked feels like (not that they are here) but don't turn your back on the customer while on a personal call.

Oakville was a totally different experience. He looked out the window, asked how my car was running, I didn't have to ring a freaking bell to get someone to come out of the back room. And oh my god - I could even give him a debit card! My word - what a new concept.

The new guys in town are going to shake the cobwebs out of the other two...

Heard good things about London as well.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:24 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
Heard good things about London as well.
Lived across from them when I was in L-town. Smaller location, found them to be friendly and welcoming even when not spending big chunks of change.

DFC has never treated me poorly either.

Quick Reply: Porsche Oakville 1, Indy 0