breakfast
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Price is reaching a bit imo
Old 04-16-2014, 09:02 PM
cpt_slow
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sooo I just got a little bit more info. The car has 1166 range 2 ignitions. And the dealership isn't sure if it has a tune with the intake, but it has Bilstein Pss9 suspension.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:11 PM
breakfast
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, dont you love people asking top dollar for a car they dont have the first clue about?
Old 04-16-2014, 09:19 PM
cpt_slow
Instructor

It's a little bit scary, Ngl.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:30 PM
Nooch
Racer

Stage 2 ignitions are over revs the rev limiter can not protect against - such as a missed downshift. In some cases Porsche may deny warranty claims if there are many stage 2 over revs - as they are viewed as signs of abuse.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:50 PM
REDTURBO
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a little high for a range 2 reading....
My range 2 reading was 34.
Are you sure they aren't reading the hours instead of the numbers? Meaning it will tell you the last time it hit a range 2 in hours?

I'd say this car is in the mid $50s. You have to understand you are comparing prices within Canada. A 2005 Cab in the U.S. are in the $50s as well.
Prices in the US may be lower but now when you factor in the exchange rate and duty it isn't huge savings like it use to be especially for older models as the depreciation are now at the low end of the price range. You only get way more options in the US but you will have to fly over to see the car and so on...
Old 04-17-2014, 09:25 AM
cpt_slow
Instructor

The last time a range 2 was hit was at 950 hours. The engine has 973 hours on it total. As I learned yesterday 1166 ignitions at range 2, 3 ignitions per revolution in the engine means roughly 388 revolutions. Suppose the overrevs happened at 8000 rpm or 133 revolutions per second. Thus, the engine was in T2 zone for three seconds.

...I basically copied and pasted that from another thread and re-did the math lol

I know I'm comparing Canadian to Canadian, and U.S cars and with the dollar being not great it doesn't make sense to bring a car up...but being that it is an American car, if I ever need to sell it at least I can bring it back down there and get good money.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:33 PM
cpt_slow
Instructor

Default Update!

So this car was sold. I guess it was a blessing in disguise as the car had paint work done on the passenger door .

I've found a 2005 Turbo S with 36k. The car is basically new. I couldn't believe the condition this car is in. They are asking 74 000 though. I think it's high but my friend who works at the dealership said they aren't likely to move on the price.

What do you guys think? Does this car look familiar to anyone?

Thanks!
Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2014, 08:57 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 407 Posts

for that money you can be in a 997 turbo or 996 gt2.
unless you really want an s.
they may appreciate as not many were made and they are great cars
also don't like black nor the wheels
Old 04-29-2014, 09:03 PM
Jsun
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm always wary of super low KM cars, from experience I've just seen more issues than good come from it. I think a low KM car would be better off. Some say 10-12K per year would yield "low KM" on a car that is to be driven not garaged queened. Let's think on this. If someone did use their car every year and just did the local grocery getter type thing when they wanted to drive the car so lets say short trips. That could equate to a super low KM car, ie. 13yr old car with 34k or so. My concern would be fuel dilution. Short trips rarely allow the car to reach operating temps thus causing fuel dilution in the oil. Now say the person was not a "techie" type person and just like "nice" cars. He may stick to the long oil change intervals that Porsche recommends. So not only are you getting possible fuel dilution, you are getting long OCI's which means the odd time that guy whomps on the accelerator between his OCI's with oil possibly sheared down to low levels of protection... issues may be manifesting. My buddy is looking into a S2000 (2001 with 29K) he got there and that dash was a Christmas tree, sensors failed and slow leaks started to show when car was test driven, so he passed. Just be wary of low KM cars, they can be gold mines or costing you a gold mine.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:11 AM
cpt_slow
Instructor

I did the math and
Old 04-30-2014, 11:27 AM
cpt_slow
Instructor

Originally Posted by Turbodan
for that money you can be in a 997 turbo or 996 gt2.
unless you really want an s.
they may appreciate as not many were made and they are great cars
also don't like black nor the wheels

Is the black a personal preference or is there some logic behind black?

Originally Posted by Jsun
I'm always wary of super low KM cars, from experience I've just seen more issues than good come from it. I think a low KM car would be better off. Some say 10-12K per year would yield "low KM" on a car that is to be driven not garaged queened. Let's think on this. If someone did use their car every year and just did the local grocery getter type thing when they wanted to drive the car so lets say short trips. That could equate to a super low KM car, ie. 13yr old car with 34k or so. My concern would be fuel dilution. Short trips rarely allow the car to reach operating temps thus causing fuel dilution in the oil. Now say the person was not a "techie" type person and just like "nice" cars. He may stick to the long oil change intervals that Porsche recommends. So not only are you getting possible fuel dilution, you are getting long OCI's which means the odd time that guy whomps on the accelerator between his OCI's with oil possibly sheared down to low levels of protection... issues may be manifesting. My buddy is looking into a S2000 (2001 with 29K) he got there and that dash was a Christmas tree, sensors failed and slow leaks started to show when car was test driven, so he passed. Just be wary of low KM cars, they can be gold mines or costing you a gold mine.

The car started up as if it were brand new. I didn't have time to drive it but I am going back Saturday. The car was imported in 2010, and I am trying to find out how many km were on the car when it was imported. If it has been driven more the past couple years I would assume most of the bugs would have been ironed out.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:01 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 407 Posts

car fax should show the mileage when imported.
the problem with black is it looks great for 30 minutes until it shows every piece of dust that gets on it.
I hope to not purchase another black car ever...and white is by far my favorite colour for pcars.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:31 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
car fax should show the mileage when imported.
the problem with black is it looks great for 30 minutes until it shows every piece of dust that gets on it.
I hope to not purchase another black car ever...and white is by far my favorite colour for pcars.
For people that have never owned black like myself. We admire black cars while they are clean. I'd love to have a black 930.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:01 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,147 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by jumper5836
For people that have never owned black like myself. We admire black cars while they are clean. I'd love to have a black 930.
of course we do .. it looks awesome as long as someone else is doing the work

Quick Reply: Opinions Please!