Notices

Importing GT3 from Illinois to Ontario

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 01:41 PM
ahsanh
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigmacsmallfries
Thanks for going over the process after arriving on the Canadian side. These are actually great instructions. Just to confirm did you mean the RIV Office in Mississauga/405 The West Mall? I'm going to go in person to speed things up as well.

So your insurance company cleared you to drive the car while in Ontario so long as you did everything within 20 days. You had a New Jersey temporary license plate on it for the two days before getting your Ontario plates?

Lol
Yes - West mall one, think they only have one. Yeah, I had temproray Jersey plates (valid for 45 days I think) and insurance company (Meloche) confirmed that the car would be covered during that period.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:50 PM
ahsanh
Track Day

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
I have a question: Who(insert profanity here) are you?
Gee, try to help a guy out...lol

New here - been lurking for a while but finally made the plunge with my first Porche in January (meteor grey 997.2 gt3) - coming from an e92 M3 which is being retired to street duty. Haven't had a chance to post details/pics yet but will get around to it eventually.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:14 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ahsanh
Gee, try to help a guy out...lol

New here - been lurking for a while but finally made the plunge with my first Porche in January (meteor grey 997.2 gt3) - coming from an e92 M3 which is being retired to street duty. Haven't had a chance to post details/pics yet but will get around to it eventually.
Ok, well at least you know what I was talking about. Welcome to RL Canada.

Clive, I call for your resignation!
Old 05-07-2014, 01:49 AM
bigmacsmallfries
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes - West mall one, think they only have one. Yeah, I had temproray Jersey plates (valid for 45 days I think) and insurance company (Meloche) confirmed that the car would be covered during that period.
Thanks,

I think your post made things more clear than what's on the RIV website.

It's actually quite simple once you've pieced the steps together. Can't wait to get mine soon too! How are you enjoying the drive? I also have an E92 M3. Feel like an M3 daily driver with GT3 weekender combo is a driving enthuast's dream. Test drove so many sports cars last year which just confirmed the GT3 puts the biggest smile on my face.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:53 PM
ahsanh
Track Day

Originally Posted by bigmacsmallfries
Thanks,

I think your post made things more clear than what's on the RIV website.

It's actually quite simple once you've pieced the steps together. Can't wait to get mine soon too! How are you enjoying the drive? I also have an E92 M3. Feel like an M3 daily driver with GT3 weekender combo is a driving enthuast's dream. Test drove so many sports cars last year which just confirmed the GT3 puts the biggest smile on my face.
Loving it - initially told my self i was only going to daily drive it on nice days maybe once a week to work but so far I've taken it every day; that'll stop in the next couple of weeks once the new car euphoria dies down! I agree m3 daily driver with gt3 for weekend/track is a great combo. Its funny though - the gt3 almost ruined the m3 for me, I get into the m3 after the gt3, and it feels so much less like a sports car now; clutch feels ridiculously light, steering and suspension feels luxurious. Perfect for daily driving I guess!
Old 05-08-2014, 12:44 AM
breakfast
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all this gt3 talk has me all jealous
Old 05-12-2014, 04:40 PM
bigmacsmallfries
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Loving it - initially told my self i was only going to daily drive it on nice days maybe once a week to work but so far I've taken it every day; that'll stop in the next couple of weeks once the new car euphoria dies down! I agree m3 daily driver with gt3 for weekend/track is a great combo. Its funny though - the gt3 almost ruined the m3 for me, I get into the m3 after the gt3, and it feels so much less like a sports car now; clutch feels ridiculously light, steering and suspension feels luxurious. Perfect for daily driving I guess!
Yea, the two complement each other I find. Still waiting on mine.

Does anyone know if it's a problem if the car has a roll bar installed in it when it's passing customs? I have looked at documents online and it has no indication that different modifications are an issue. They have a small list of modifications that are not admissible, but they are extreme modifications. No mention of roll bars. Does anyone know if this is an issue or not?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Importing GT3 from Illinois to Ontario