Notices

American Lessons for Ford Nation

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 09:02 AM
wc11
Race Car

Received 158 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian 162
It looks like Norm Gardner is going to run for mayor.
If Chow gets in her first order of business is to put a bike lane on the DVP/Gardiner (probably the left lane).

Imagine if Norm Gardiner got elected. He's probably packin heat.
Anyone who crosses him....he'd cap their *** like those thugs in the past.

Chow would collude with McWynnty to make us all drive on the left side of the road.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:52 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Who was it that suggested they add an extra 10 cents tax to every liter of GTA gas sold at the pump. Honestly must be mad.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:40 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian 162
If Chow gets in her first order of business is to put a bike lane on the DVP/Gardiner (probably the left lane).
Do seniors and the elderly still vote in record numbers? None of the long-hairs I know can put down their bongs long enough to be bothered to vote, and I can't think of any crotchety ol' timer who's pro-NDP.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:00 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 701 Likes on 343 Posts

Originally Posted by Dale Gribble
Do seniors and the elderly still vote in record numbers? None of the long-hairs I know can put down their bongs long enough to be bothered to vote, and I can't think of any crotchety ol' timer who's pro-NDP.
She has the urban hipster (aka "I should not be compelled to work but I have a God given right to FREE everything") vote. Lots of them around.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:59 PM
eyedoc
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Heh Gribble
At what age does one qualify as a "crotchety ol' timer?"
Old 01-31-2014, 02:31 PM
69gaugeman
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't keep too close an eye, but as far as I can see Rob is the only one seated in reality on that whole council. Reminds me of the good old days of Ralph Klein in Calgary. Drank at the same dive bars as I. I still remember seeing him having more than a couple when he was mayor. But man he ran the city (and eventually the province) well.

He (Rob)TRIED crack when in a drunken stupor. He binge drinks....He shows up at work everyday and runs the place. He is the best thing that city has seen in a long time. I would vote for him and vote again too.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:41 PM
KillPhil
Instructor

He (Rob)TRIED crack when in a drunken stupor. He binge drinks....He shows up at work everyday and runs the place.
Yes, but he did let down the 340,000 people who voted for him didn't he? He lost his ability to do that job and then put his hubris on display for the entire world. You wouldn't allow a multiple DUI offender off the hook because he was in a drunken stupor. Why cut Ford the slack when he hasn't the common sense to not be filmed in public, in yet another drunken stupor consorting with an alleged drug dealer who is facing criminal charges. How long has it been since the Darwin Awards have had a candidate from Toronto?
Old 02-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Dinicod
Racer

I'm with you Phil. And if you check his record, his numbers never add up and his attendance at work is reportedly one of the worst. Ridiculous.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 69gaugeman
I don't keep too close an eye, but as far as I can see Rob is the only one seated in reality on that whole council. Reminds me of the good old days of Ralph Klein in Calgary. Drank at the same dive bars as I. I still remember seeing him having more than a couple when he was mayor. But man he ran the city (and eventually the province) well.

He (Rob)TRIED crack when in a drunken stupor. He binge drinks....He shows up at work everyday and runs the place. He is the best thing that city has seen in a long time. I would vote for him and vote again too.
What? Ralph Klein was nowhere near the embarrassment rob ford is. "Tried" crack? Give me a break. I guarantee it wasn't just "trying". He's an oaf, an embarrassment, and a lousy politician. If that's all the right has to offer, Olivia Chow will be a shoe-in. If ford gets re-elected it will confirm what the rest of Canada thinks about Torontonians.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 83 Posts

^^^ +1 I have lived in Etobicoke my entire life and I am one of the first to admit that bafoon and his circus act need to be turfed out asap. The city has become a joke with him at the helm. My vote goes to John Tory based on his extensive business experience, legal background and political experience.

A circus monkey could have saved Toronto money via going the RFP route on garbage pickup and going for the easy gravy wins as Ford has done. His behavior and track record of stupidity cannot be ignored and should not be rewarded with a second term as mayor.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:10 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

The legal issues are not over for Ford... (not talking about the civil suit either).

Criminal investigations are not over and three separate teams are still hard at work compiling paperwork for the crown. If you read the transcripts of the warrant information application that was published in the Star there are a lot of hints of where the investigation was headed. Watch for the Provincial Tories to quietly disown Doug Ford from his 'goal' of running as an MPP for their party. Tainted is what is being mentioned between riding association Presidents when they talk.

Many people have a lot to loose if they lie to police. Former employees have already spoken and we don't as yet know 'all' of what they have told investigators but rumors of an attempt to destroy evidence (images on an online public storage site) keep coming around and around.

There is a real reason why the Ford brothers hate with a passion the chief of police and it wasn't any grandstanding (the Fords opinion) by the chief at a press conference that was behind their anger. That anger was... fear.

The top cop of all of them, one of the best homicide cops in all of Canada is involved in the investigation and if anyone thinks this is over a measly mary jane trafficking case they are as deluded as the voters in Etobicoke who keep these two ***** in power.

There is a lot of time between now and November - justice is slow but the gears keep turning. When all the dots and T's come together at some point we'll be watching Jon Stewart having fun again at Toronto's expense.

Meanwhile: John Tory knows something that convinces him to risk being a three time looser...

Robyn Doolittle’s book out on Monday should be interesting...

The danger in having too many candidates in the race is that it cannibalizes votes from each to the point where a winner can win with less then 20% of the popular vote thereby damning the winner to all sorts of compromises in their beliefs just to get anything passed at council. Chow, god help Toronto, could win by default because she will be the only alternative to what seems to be a slew of right and center right candidates... The public may be tired of what a right wing mayor has brought them and may turn to the left instead.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:18 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

I think that a Chow victory is inevitable. Ford WILL run, will take a piece of the action, and people like John Tory cannot get enough of the centre right to win it. Additionally, it looks distressingly likely that we will have another Liberal Provincial government. It will be a love fest of tax vampires.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:22 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronan
I think that a Chow victory is inevitable. Ford WILL run, will take a piece of the action, and people like John Tory cannot get enough of the centre right to win it. Additionally, it looks distressingly likely that we will have another Liberal Provincial government. It will be a love fest of tax vampires.
"tax vampires" A new show on the SPACE network!

I hate all parties quite frankly. OK, revision needed: I hate 90% of the yes people that tag along on the coat tails of the 10% that actually have talent.

We have 90 year old war vets told to use their 'smart phones' in order to get information out of the Government as local offices are being closed. Really? iPhone's as a therapy tool for a Afghanistan PTSD sufferer?

The wife of the late 'Dear Leader' would have us all riding bikes and planting trees on the Gardner while her buddies work on Global warming solutions using a City tax base.

Non-Winner will take extra night courses attempting to figure out why she can't figure out proper pay scales and employment contacts that favour the taxpayers for her senior officials.

Sigh.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:54 AM
wc11
Race Car

Received 158 Likes on 100 Posts

Isn't it sad really that more often than not, it's about voting someone out rather than in?

Is it me or is there eerie resemblance with Orville Redenbacher?
Attached Images   
Old 02-02-2014, 01:18 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 305 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronan
Unfortunately I think this will happen but I'll vote Ford because he is the only true fiscal conservative and, exaggerations aside, he has achieved quite a bit. I really would prefer not to have a drunk as mayor but it's the lessor evil. Current tax increases are not sustainable with 0.9% inflation. 70% of a $90K a year cops work is administration that a $45K security guard could handle. We have too many fire trucks and not enough ambulances. Radical change is required and a belligerent drunk may be the only person that can get the job done.

Quick Reply: American Lessons for Ford Nation