Notices

Nine Apart & Whaletail Canada

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 08:05 AM
Paseb
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 54 Posts

update: they contacted me back saying that the parts were not available

funny that i asked frank at least 3 times and he sent me the invoice and i gave him my visa

a lady called me back and appologized, not a word from frank at all
Old 02-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 997_Toronto
I hope the guys from Whaletail & Nine Apart are part of this forum because they should be reading all this feedback. I will approach them with extreme caution and ensure all the details are in writing before I hand over a dime to either one of them. I plan on visiting them once the weather gets a little better as I rather deal with them in-person than over the phone or email.
What part of junk yard do we not understand? Yes they sell Porsche parts - but they are still in the 'recycled' parts industry - an industry that does not have a great reputation as far as customer relations. Same when you Google that company whom I won't name whom had a reality show a little while go in LA.

Personally, is it really worth the effort for used - yes - USED parts at 50% of new and deal with maybe a shi7hy attitude 50% of the time or just buy OEM from the many vendors who offer a reasonable return policy without verbal backhands to your face?

I mean if it is a part that is out of stock because the age of the car or rare car part - yeah get that. But a late model part??? Really? You'd have to drag me kicking and screaming to a junk yard - there I said it in relation to a Porsche part - before I would take their 'doing me a favor' attitude.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:33 PM
creaturecat
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I trusted Frank.
He took advantage.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 339 Likes on 245 Posts

I love junk yards. Rather go there than to the mall shopping.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:40 PM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 1,093 Likes on 514 Posts

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
What part of junk yard do we not understand? Yes they sell Porsche parts - but they are still in the 'recycled' parts industry - an industry that does not have a great reputation as far as customer relations. Same when you Google that company whom I won't name whom had a reality show a little while go in LA.

Personally, is it really worth the effort for used - yes - USED parts at 50% of new and deal with maybe a shi7hy attitude 50% of the time or just buy OEM from the many vendors who offer a reasonable return policy without verbal backhands to your face?

I mean if it is a part that is out of stock because the age of the car or rare car part - yeah get that. But a late model part??? Really? You'd have to drag me kicking and screaming to a junk yard - there I said it in relation to a Porsche part - before I would take their 'doing me a favor' attitude.
That's spot on. And maybe that's why I have not had an issue with Frank, the only time I have purchased is for parts that are NLA and some body parts. Plus I have gone in person, and payed cash. I would never buy a used part sight un-seen.

Quick Reply: Nine Apart & Whaletail Canada