Notices

Lesson of the day!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 09:46 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by crooster
Leaving work one day I found that the battery in my remote died so I could not unlock the doors. No problem, I thought, the Circuit City is only about a 10 minute walk, I can just get a new battery! I walked about 1/3 of the way when I remembered I could actually use the key to unlock the door...
Last winter the remote on the spouses CTS Coupe wouldn't work. Hmmmm?? No door key openings on a Coupe. Pull the remote apart and the little key inside. Well where the hell does it go? OnStar can't unlock the car - suggest battery and call a tow for me. Driver needs to open the hood to boost the battery so we need to get inside the car. Minus 10C with wind. Not happy. Later after flat tow to dealer - dealer shows me the tiny little hole above rear license plate where skinny little key fits that pop's truck. Then he shows me the plastic handle way up under the truck that if you pull it it pops the drivers door. As if I can even see it in the dark way out in the west end of the International Centers parking lot at 11:00 at night even if I could have opened the truck? At least we found out the battery was defective under warranty. Next time I'll read the user manual a little closer. Did find the manual door opener on the inside of the car (electric door opening buttons only) so when the car is under water and the electrics short out I can open the door! (Not that I'm planing for that!)

Quick Reply: Lesson of the day!