Notices

Datalogging

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 07:24 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 563 Likes on 347 Posts
Default Datalogging

Wondering if anyone has a Durametric/UMW/EPL/etc.. datalogging or live feed data tool that I would be able to borrow to check-over my 996 GT2(unknown 1.2 bar tune in it now)? I could compensate/deposit/etc.
OR likewise, is there anyone here who has a late-model Durametric 'Pro' who is looking to sell?

Thanks,
Old 07-25-2013, 09:43 PM
acadian_dad
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where is "here" ?

I have a Durametric Pro which could be borrowed (in Stittsville, ON) if that helps.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:10 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Should have added location, I'm in Brantford.
Stittsville is a bit far for me, but appreciate the offer!
Old 07-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 407 Posts

they sell very quick when listed on here. others have inquired and I don't think anyone on here has a pro available. maybe on of the indy shops do.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:46 AM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

I was in the same boat at the OP having bought a 996TT with tune plus a ton of mods, but without first hand confidence that the tune was as safe as I wanted.

I brought the car to RSP in London and had them dyno and log it. They have an additional work up that can determine if the drivetrain is working well (they measure resistance on slow down on the dyno - call them if you have more questions - I dont have the specifics) that I thought would also be good as a post-purchase check.

It wasnt cheap but accomplished what I needed and I was able to get some dynos of the car.

If I were to do it over again, I would buy a logger from Kevin at UMW, log it (tricky on public roads) and fire the file off to Kevin for a quick review. He will be able to tell you how much safety is in the tune. If you have concerns, you can then easily get his tune for $975 since you already have the logger and be worry free.

I dont think that the loggers can be used for multiple VINs. I wish that I had just started with Kevins logger because I know as some point I am going to need one, and I will just have to buy it anyways.

Id be very cautious on the boost until you get it checked out. Its your engine now and its VERY EXPENSIVE to fix/replace.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:46 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

That's what I thought Dan, figured worth asking anyways. I like the current tune in my car but my curious/slight concerned what my injector duty cycles are.
My dilemma: UMW will only sell their datalogger with a new tune, and believe the other tuners are the same, but am looking into the others' options. Durameric seems to be the only unit that can be bought separately/individually, but will be somewhat redundant should I decide I need to retune....
Old 07-26-2013, 11:53 AM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Surprised that Kevin isnt selling his logger without tune anymore. If it were me, Id sell the logger cheaply so that when people want a tune, my logger gives me the advantage.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:58 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Ya I was sad when he told me his datalogger would only come if I bought a tune, $425(D.L)+$975(tune) is a lot of money to put out just to see some information on what my engine management is doing/reporting
Might just have to give the business to someone else instead, Durametric, EPL, 911Tuning, etc...
Literally just need to borrow a datalogger for under a hour to check duty cycles and timing numbers.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:03 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

The Durametric 'Pro' version has no VIN limitations(3 VINs for 'enthusiast' version), and will be the one I buy if I can't borrow/rent one, then will offer the same 'service' to others that I am asking for now..
Even the UMW D.L. offers unlimited VIN live-feed 'datalogging' but is locked to one VIN for true 'reported-data' datalogging, which would work for me as well.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:27 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by acadian_dad
Where is "here" ?

I have a Durametric Pro which could be borrowed (in Stittsville, ON) if that helps.
Let me know if you ever want to sell.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:02 PM
TJ Elliott
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in Woodstock and have a Durametric Pro. Only issue is I currently don't have a laptop PC (all Mac in the house) so you'd need to bring one with the Durametric software installed (downloadable off Durematric website). Let me know if you'd like to connect by sending me a PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:10 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TJ Elliott
I live in Woodstock and have a Durametric Pro. Only issue is I currently don't have a laptop PC (all Mac in the house) so you'd need to bring one with the Durametric software installed (downloadable off Durematric website). Let me know if you'd like to connect by sending me a PM.
PM sent. Thanks!
Old 07-28-2013, 12:24 AM
acadian_dad
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FFaust
Originally Posted by acadian_dad
Where is "here" ?

Let me know if you ever want to sell.
Sure François - will do. Don't hold your breath tho ...

Quick Reply: Datalogging