FS 2008 Trailex CT-7541EB

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 01:45 PM
wabbit636
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS 2008 Trailex CT-7541EB

2008 Trailex CT-7541EB (electric brakes) trailer

It has the factory winch, factory aluminum toolbox, factory ramps, spare tire (tire needs to be changed), 2 aluminum gas canister holders (one needs to be rewelded- just the side of the box and not on the trailer side), 2 gas canisters and the factory tire rack.

I also have the orignal manual & receipt to prove the model/year.

3rd owner as the previous 2 owners were in the local PCA.

I only used the trailer for a 3400 km trip. During the trip one of the rear tires got badly worn. The rear axle (right side) has tire cupping and the front axle (left side) has inner wheel wear. See my lower post for more details on the uneven tire wear issue. There is a link with pictures describing what each wear is caused by.

Other than the uneven tire issue and approx 3 worn tires, the frame is in good condition.

It might be a combination of a bad axle, axles that need to be realigned, wheels balanced, etc.

I intended on keeping this for a long time even if I wouldn't use it for a while since they don't rust, don't depreciate and most importantly they are hard to find used! My original intention was to use it when I would start tracking my car but unfortunately it will not happen since I plan on selling the vehicle. There is no sense in keeping it when it can be put to better use by someone else.

If it wasn't such a hassle and if I had the time I would go have it inspected.

Price- taking offers for now so please PM me.

Located in Long Sault, Ontario. Approx 1 to 1.5 hours from Ottawa and 1 to 1.5 hours from Montreal. Let me know if anyone wants to come inspect it.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by wabbit636; 07-07-2013 at 01:23 PM. Reason: added pictures & added more on the tire wear issue
Old 07-06-2013, 02:05 PM
gallowrm
Rennlist Member

Sorry, my geography is not up to par.

I'm guessing that you live in Canada since you mentioned Ottawa, but not sure. So could you provide city, province/state & country?
Old 07-06-2013, 02:11 PM
wabbit636
Track Day

Updated my location on my profile and in my post....thanks.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:32 PM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

How much are you asking?
Old 07-07-2013, 01:18 PM
wabbit636
Track Day

As for the wear. I did some research this morning and now have a better idea:

The front axle (left side) has "one side wear" which is said to be a wheel alignment issue.

On rear axle (right side) the tire wear is "cupping". This means that it has something to do with suspension parts (wheel bearings, bushings, springs, etc.). It says in the link below that worn components need to be adjusted or replaced.

Now with this info it might not need a new axle. I don't know which suspension parts need to be replaced or adjusted. Suspension parts are cheaper than an axle though and this can be easily fixed.

Once fixed this is a great trailer. It only weights 950 lbs and easily loads lowered cars due to the height of the trailer and the long ramps.

I knew both previous owners as they were in the regional Porsche Club. The 1st one did a lot of tracking in different states so he would have put a lot of mileage on the suspension.

See this link. It has a chart showing pictures of trailer tire wear and what they mean:

Look at the one side wear and the cupping sections to see the issue on the trailer:

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...48705608,d.bGE

Last edited by wabbit636; 07-08-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:11 PM
wabbit636
Track Day

Sold!

Quick Reply: FS 2008 Trailex CT-7541EB