Notices

Grand Bend Sept 12 Porsche of London Track Day

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 11:08 PM
John Elliot
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Grand Bend Sept 12 Porsche of London Track Day

According to the Grand Bend Speedway Event listings the next Porsche of London Track Day is Thursday September 12th.

The previous two 2013 Days were great with people attending from around SouthWestern Ontario. Lots of Track Time, Driving Instructors, good food plus a chance to meet new people as well as hang out with friends. All on Ontario's West Coast.

I'll be there with my Cayman 987R and maybe have my Boxster 987 there as well, for the Fun of it.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:14 AM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the heads up John. Will try to make it.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:33 PM
Tommy 5
Instructor

Thanks for the info. I will try to attend as well.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:09 AM
kgoertz
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet. I haven't been able to make it to the first two dates but I'd really like to go. I'm booking the date now :-)
Old 07-05-2013, 10:28 PM
John Elliot
Racer

Talking

I registered for the September Track Day this morning at Porsche of London when I picked up my 09 Boxster after they installed Spyder Suspension, Sport Plus PDK programming and a Hardtop.

Last edited by John Elliot; 05-27-2015 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:14 PM
John Elliot
Racer

I ran the Boxster at the Bend on Friday at the scheduled Track Day. The updates were well worth it, lots of Fun again. I went back today to see the Time Attack Series Race ( they run on Sunday as well ) as well as get some information on the series. Good group of people and very tempting to join in in 2014.

The Bend did some paving in some sections to widen the corners.

Let's have a big turnout in September, sign up soon at Porsche of London.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:42 AM
John Elliot
Racer

The Time Attack series did a Poll about different tracks and Grand Bend Raceway got high marks. The Bend continues with upgrades and they listen.

If you have never been, this September may be a great opportunity to try it out. If you have been before, come on back for some fun on Thursday September 12th.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:36 AM
John Elliot
Racer

Cool

This event is about a month away. They have great Food as well

Last edited by John Elliot; 05-27-2015 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:56 PM
kgoertz
Pro

I just contacted the Porsche dealership in London asking about the track day on Sept 12th. I'm 90% sold, but I was hoping for a little more instruction and possibly a little more opportunity to get closer to my limits.

Talking with Isabelle at the dealership it sounded like the day was targeting people who have never been on the track before. Most (or all?) of the laps would be following the lead car in a line. I'm not an expert driver by any means, but I have been on a handful of few track days and I'd like to be able to push my limits and improve my driving as much as possible.

I'm looking for a little feedback from anyone that has been already. Do they divide the cars into groups with different skill levels so drivers with a (tiny) bit more skill can still be challenged? I assume there is no passing but they would have to space the cars out enough to handle the variance in performance & skill.
Also is it possible to get some one-on-one instruction from the Porsche instructors?

I attended the PCA IDS a few years ago but I can't usually make it for a full weekend at Mosport. I was hoping this event would be a reasonable alternative :-)
Old 08-27-2013, 08:13 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

They divide the group depending upon the turnout. There is passing allowed on the straightaway as long as the slower car signals you to pass, and there is some one on one instruction.

BTW, your car is looking great John!
Old 08-27-2013, 10:30 PM
John Elliot
Racer

Thumbs up

Thanks Dennis.

As he mentioned, they divide cars into groups. The instructors are great and usually they will assist you when asked.

I believe you will not be disappointed. I can't wait.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:51 PM
kgoertz
Pro

Nice. Thanks guys. I will book tomorrow.

Now just need to decide if I should put on some new pads first. I just measured tonight and my pads are about 6mm on the rear and 8mm up front. Probably the minimum I would want for a full track day but I might just get a spare set and bring some tools in case I need to replace in order to drive home :-)
Old 09-08-2013, 08:23 PM
John Elliot
Racer

This Thursday September 12th - Grand Bend Raceway Porsche of London Track Day.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:07 PM
John Elliot
Racer

Question

How did it go today? I got there just before 9 but had to leave when I got a call about more damage at my house from the lightening Strike from Wednesday night. I lost a TV, PVR, Modem, Telephones, Blue Ray, Garage Opener and perhaps washer and dryer. Ouch, plus I missed a Porsche Day at the Bend.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:46 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by John Elliot
How did it go today? I got there just before 9 but had to leave when I got a call about more damage at my house from the lightening Strike from Wednesday night. I lost a TV, PVR, Modem, Telephones, Blue Ray, Garage Opener and perhaps washer and dryer. Ouch, plus I missed a Porsche Day at the Bend.
Ouch, sorry to hear that John. We lost power for 2 hours but that was the extent of it. I have almost everything on surge protectors. Don't know how effective they are, but they give me some piece of mind.

Couldn't make it to the Bend this time.

Quick Reply: Grand Bend Sept 12 Porsche of London Track Day