Notices

Victoria Day Speedfest - Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Canada Round 1 May 18-19

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 10:31 PM
Hyper911
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I was there Sat (thanks Boman) with the Pcar and my son. Said hi to Zookie and watched the racing, was awesome!
Old 05-22-2013, 10:51 AM
Dan@SCB
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJF1
Zook, your race was pretty lonely out there... Too bad there were not many cars in this class.
Yes our Gold car was lonely as only 4 cars in that Class.
However our Platinum Car had lots of compitions to deal with .

I dont even know why they have Gold Class, its like last years Silver Class
Old 05-22-2013, 10:09 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Funny story.

So I'm training a new blue flagger at 2A on Sunday when James Hoddinott has engine issues and coasts around 2 and pulls off the corner and over to the end of our wall on drivers right (almost to cor3 flaggers) so we go over and try to back him into our hole so that the wall protects his car. As we back him up we find we have two problems; there isn't enough lock on the steering to turn the car to get him behind the wall and we can't push him forward as now the splitter is at risk and it's a little up hill to boot.

So we get him just about parallel with the wall where anyone hitting up station will just about slide by so we move him back and THEN the car picks up speed (a little downhill) and the left rear carbon fiber fender is heading for the end of the cement wall. I start screaming BRAKE, BRAKE, BRAKE and I guess Jim with ear plugs in can't hear us so my buddy Frank is yelling now and we're trying to stop the momentum when I guess the banging on the roof works and his GT3 stops with four inches to go... Frank looks over and say, 'Gee, I thought you were just about to throw your body under the car...' Frank doesn't know how close he is to the truth as I was calculating the weight of a GT3 how much it would hurt parked on my foot just as it stopped...
Old 05-22-2013, 10:31 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts
Thumbs up

Thats' dedication.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:04 PM
Dan@SCB
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is our Album https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=ed6b55b3a9

Quick Reply: Victoria Day Speedfest - Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Canada Round 1 May 18-19