Notices

Victoria Day Speedfest - Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Canada Round 1 May 18-19

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Dan@SCB
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Victoria Day Speedfest - Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Canada Round 1 May 18-19

Join the SCB Racing Team for the Season Operner in the GT3 Cup Challenge Canada Series!
Info and Tickets http://www.canadiantiremotorsportpar...edfest-castrol

Tickets are also available at the gate.
Race 1 @ 3:00 pm Saturday
Race 2 @ 11:30 am Sunday

@ Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Bowmanville, ON

Facebook Invite https://www.facebook.com/SportsCarBo...6128160917206/
Old 05-14-2013, 01:40 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 82 Posts

I may head out with my son for Sat. Although i have done a few DE's I have never actually been there to see a race. Any suggestions on best places to hang out? I heard they have a new concession area at turn 5 but no idea if you can drive out there or have to walk etc. The website is a bit lacking in details.

Thanks
Old 05-14-2013, 04:01 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,127 Likes on 807 Posts

Where do we pick up our free tickets and t shirts zook ?
Old 05-14-2013, 04:23 PM
Dan@SCB
Banned

Originally Posted by vern1
I may head out with my son for Sat. Although i have done a few DE's I have never actually been there to see a race. Any suggestions on best places to hang out? I heard they have a new concession area at turn 5 but no idea if you can drive out there or have to walk etc. The website is a bit lacking in details.

Thanks
i like to View at Turn 5 and Back Straight
Old 05-14-2013, 04:31 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Will head out on Sat with the family as well. First time there so yes any tips would be great!
Old 05-14-2013, 06:34 PM
Reifle
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Park at turn 3 and you can see the cars coming down turn 2 and head to turn 4... It is great watching the different lines out of 2 and 3!
Old 05-17-2013, 11:06 AM
vern1
Drifting

Ok then guess we will try and park around turn 3 which is close enough to head over to turn 5 as well. Turn 2 is my favourite turn to do when i am driving myself so will be interesting to watch real drivers do it!
Old 05-17-2013, 03:46 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
Where do we pick up our free tickets and t shirts zook ?
Nothing but crickets.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:50 PM
Dan@SCB
Banned

oh sorry guys, at the gates just say Zook sent ya
Old 05-17-2013, 06:18 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey guys, Mark (Pags993) has given me a few full weekend tickets for
the event to pass onto the Porsche community. I have a few left!! If you're
interested, PM me. I will be coming to the Chapters GTG tomorrow morning at

Old 05-17-2013, 07:31 PM
vern1
Drifting

Originally Posted by boman993
Hey guys, Mark (Pags993) has given me a few full weekend tickets for
the event to pass onto the Porsche community. I have a few left!! If you're
interested, PM me. I will be coming to the Chapters GTG tomorrow morning at

Hey Jacob would have picked them up for sure earlier but will be on the road by then. I will just mention Zook at the gate for my free tickets!!

Looking forward to it
Old 05-21-2013, 11:03 AM
vern1
Drifting

My son and I went Sat and hung out for a good part of the day. Have to admit there was lots of space for camping and people were certainly enjoying themselves as it was a fine day!!

We sat at the top of turn 2 for a while and on the hill overlooking the turn 2-3 transition. However the best place was at the top of turn 3 so you could see most of 2, all of 3 and out to the top of 4. We had a GT3 Cup come in to the tires right in front of us mid way through turn 3. He was not happy but looked to me like it was his fault....

Didnt actually see any other Pcars there. Few M3's, an Aston and lots of pickups full of beer and firewood. Drove all the way to the end of turn 3 on the outside but couldnt get to turn 5 as it was closed to spectators due to construction

Fun day
Attached Images  
Old 05-21-2013, 11:53 AM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 141 Likes on 70 Posts

Great weekend of racing and great weather! Hope a few on the board managed to score some of the tickets i passed along to Jakob. I was lucky enough to watch from the new event building terrace very nice new venue.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:38 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Was there 2 on Saturday but not with my Pcar. Wife and Son in tow dictated something more comfy for them. Great racing, it was great seeing the cup cars flying and an educational experience as i have never driven this track, but I certainly look forward to it! Turns 1,2 and 3 look like a load of fun!

Zook, your race was pretty lonely out there... Too bad there were not many cars in this class.

My only gripe about the whole thing, was the surprise factor of the process to buy your ticket at the track. I had to have a wad of cash with me, which i did not. So I had to make a run to find an ATM missing in the process the Cup qualifying which I was not pleased about. IMO they should have made the process crystal clear on their website in order for first timers to be prepared. So lesson here if you are going for one day you will pay for the entire weekend you like it or not and then get a refund at the exit!! All in cash by the way!!

I'm sure there is GOT to be a better way dealing with this.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:13 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,127 Likes on 807 Posts

Originally Posted by DJF1
Was there 2 on Saturday but not with my Pcar. Wife and Son in tow dictated something more comfy for them. Great racing, it was great seeing the cup cars flying and an educational experience as i have never driven this track, but I certainly look forward to it! Turns 1,2 and 3 look like a load of fun!

Zook, your race was pretty lonely out there... Too bad there were not many cars in this class.

My only gripe about the whole thing, was the surprise factor of the process to buy your ticket at the track. I had to have a wad of cash with me, which i did not. So I had to make a run to find an ATM missing in the process the Cup qualifying which I was not pleased about. IMO they should have made the process crystal clear on their website in order for first timers to be prepared. So lesson here if you are going for one day you will pay for the entire weekend you like it or not and then get a refund at the exit!! All in cash by the way!!

I'm sure there is GOT to be a better way dealing with this.
Yeah i bet this is because they have overnight camping and cant force you to leave or check everyone. If the place emptied every night it would be easier. i see why they do it that way but you are right as all things in life good communication is the key.

Quick Reply: Victoria Day Speedfest - Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Canada Round 1 May 18-19