Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by theiceman
lol
i new mike was going to comment
we all know the real enemies are prius' and f150 trucks
Careful now ... you might see this in your rear view mirror ...
Attached Images  
Old 03-01-2013, 12:45 AM
P0rsch3F113
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Christien
My experience indicates that the worst drivers on the road drive pickups trucks, followed by BMWs. I just notice that whenever I see someone doing something idiotic, more often than not it's one of those 2.
The worst drivers, in my experience, drive Pontiacs.
Second worst drivers - pickups; third - BMW's.

Recently saw a woman leave the clearly marked centre (turning) lane, come into my lane of traffic (going towards her in the opposite direction) and stop with her left turn signal on. I was forced to come to a stop in front of her. Observed her puzzled look (wondering what I was doing in front of her), and what appeared to be her teenaged son speaking and gesturing for her to get of my lane of traffic. It took her, literally, about 15 seconds to realize where she was and then move back to the centre lane. Wife and I looked at each other and laughed. This woman was driving...a Pontiac Trans Sport.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:00 AM
tarbender
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"My experience indicates that the worst drivers on the road drive pickups trucks, followed by BMWs. I just notice that whenever I see someone doing something idiotic, more often than not it's one of those 2."

I think you need to distinguish between aggressive drivers and idiotic oblivious drivers. Pickups especially when the driver is wearing a baseball cap seem to fall into the former. Corolla drivers in the latter. Haven't really noticed about BMW drivers though. Considering I drive one I'd like to think its not true.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:03 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Pick-ups: #1 offenders in my opinion. I don't know if it's the size, the cartoonish grille or people buying into the redneck-credo ads that are used to sell them, but a very high percentage of the drivers of these behemoths are the school-yard bullies of the roads. And what's with the ridiculous "truck nuts" hanging from the hitch receiver? I guess they must be compensating for lacking a real set inside the cab!

Corolla's : actually any boring as plain vanilla compact sedan. These are generally driven by people who view cars as an appliance and drive them as such.

Last edited by pongobaz; 03-01-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:05 AM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 1,110 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by aviography
On my way home about 6pm tonight, a woman in a Corolla pulled up behind me with high beams on, we came to a stop at a red light, I knew there is enough time before the light turned green so I got out and walked back to point out the bright blue high beam indicator light on her instument panel, then asked her please turn off the high beam because it is blinding everyone in front of her.

Her response was priceless: "But it is snowing!!"

She did turn off the high beam at that point though, I must have been shaking my head in disbelief as I walked back to my car.......

All corolla drivers suck.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:34 AM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 305 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Christien
My experience indicates that the worst drivers on the road drive pickups trucks, followed by BMWs. I just notice that whenever I see someone doing something idiotic, more often than not it's one of those 2.
Wait! In resemble that remark! lol 1 of each in my driveway.
I guess I have to wait another month when I can get it my loud red car and blend in.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:59 AM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pongobaz
Corolla's : actually any boring as plain vanilla compact sedan. These are generally driven by people who view cars as an appliance and drive them as such.
^ THIS.

I'm surprsied nobody mentioned honda civics.... top of my list just above (below?) prius drivers and minivans.

Bimmers don't make my list... I rarely find myself annoyed/stupified at them.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:03 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,147 Likes on 821 Posts

yeah the bimmers i dont even notice .. but i think we all kind of agree with those bald 5 ft nuthin guys in baseball caps driving the pickups.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:27 AM
cash-man
Rennlist Member

Guys, you are leaving out some excellent contenders for worst driver's cars.... specifically the Echo and Yaris. Wow, the worst.

There is a lady who often parks her Yaris on the street across from our house. I always run and grab a spot on the couch to watch the hilarity that ensues. You'd think she was parking an 18 wheeler. I'd film it if discretion would allow. Back. Forth. Back. Forth. Back. Curb oops. Forth. Back. Park. Check distance from curb. Get back in car. Repeat once or twice. All of this in a stretch limo sized spot.

A common denominator.... Toyota?
Old 03-01-2013, 11:56 AM
tarbender
Instructor

I often wonder why Corolla drivers are so bad and have gone through some of these thoughts to try and rationalize it:

1) They aren't any worse than other drivers. It's just that there are so many Corollas on the road and the average driver on the road is bad.
2) They are driven by older people who are afraid to go the speed limit and have trouble turning their necks.
3) They are driven by immigrants who don't really read english well and must go extra slow so they can read the signs
4) Corolla drivers only see driving as a method to get from point A to point B.
5) They are concerned about the environment and want to reduce emissions as much as possible by accelerating slowly and changing lanes very little. The birkenstock reason similar to (4).
6) They are just not aware of their surroundings as most other people due to culture, age, intelligence...
7) They are young new drivers who have little experience on the road.
8) It's their way at getting back at society. Their way of feeling empowered.
9) The car lacks power to accelerate adequately to merge porperly onto highway.
10) Limitations of car since they are on a fixed income and cannot afford to maintain it.

These are just stupid random thoughts that go through my head when I get cut off or stuck behind a slow moving Corolla. And Camry drivers and not much better. YMMV
Old 03-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

BMWs: it's seems to be most prevalent on the qew. It's the guy weaving in and out of different lanes, threading the needle at 140 in heavy traffic. It's usually a middle-aged guy with sunglasses and too much stuff in his hair. My impression is mid-life crisis trying to be all fast and furious. Or he's sitting on my *** in the left lane when there are 4 cars in front of me, like I'm the problem.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:19 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Originally Posted by cash-man
Guys, you are leaving out some excellent contenders for worst driver's cars.... specifically the Echo and Yaris. Wow, the worst.

There is a lady who often parks her Yaris on the street across from our house. I always run and grab a spot on the couch to watch the hilarity that ensues. You'd think she was parking an 18 wheeler. I'd film it if discretion would allow. Back. Forth. Back. Forth. Back. Curb oops. Forth. Back. Park. Check distance from curb. Get back in car. Repeat once or twice. All of this in a stretch limo sized spot.

A common denominator.... Toyota?
so.... I'll bring the beers? Sounds like good entertainment!

In Ottawa we were sitting at a bar on a weekend afternoon, window seats, and there was a woman trying to parallel park... she kept backing up, bumping the other car, and pulling forward out of the spot and trying again.... it didn't take long for the whole bar to be crowded at the window staring and cheering and "ooooh" ing! Hilarious. Don't remember the car... it was one of those blend-in-vanilla-somethings.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:24 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Adamant1971
All corolla drivers suck.
A brilliant systems engineer working for me over many years at my last company moved from a Supra to a Corolla, then another, then another, not sure what happend but he was a pretty cool guy, certainly very atypical of the Corolla driver crowd.

I guess there is always a "bad apple" in any crowd!
Old 03-01-2013, 01:27 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche0nut
Bimmers don't make my list... I rarely find myself annoyed/stupified at them.
Because (IIRC) your Mom drives one?
Old 03-01-2013, 01:29 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Originally Posted by aviography
A brilliant systems engineer working for me over many years at my last company moved from a Supra to a Corolla, then another, then another, not sure what happend but he was a pretty cool guy, certainly very atypical of the Corolla driver crowd.
Ouch. Marriage hit hard in this one.

Quick Reply: Clueless drivers on our streets