Notices

Excellence Subscription Price Headin' Up.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 04:40 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 277 Likes on 186 Posts
Default Excellence Subscription Price Headin' Up.

Just renewed and was told 3 year price going up Feb. 1 to $108US from $90US. Gallardo won't fit down driveway so thought I'd make a long-term committment.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:05 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

What gets me is the asinine subscriber card included in their magazine where they want you to print your VISA number and expiry date on the face of the card and then send it through the mail system for every criminal along the way to copy down and go crazy on internet spending at your expense. For such a great magazine - they really are backward in some regards. So I look on their website to look for alternative ways to order... What do I find? They direct you to a link of this stupid card to fill out and MAIL in!! http://www.excellence-mag.com/subscr...rder-form.html

Guess they have never heard of secure card processing firms?

<shaking head>
Old 01-29-2013, 04:54 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,127 Likes on 807 Posts

Yeah i have actually talked to the cheif editor about this ,, he is on Rennlist . he says relatively speaking they are a small outfit and there are some things they hope to have but just arent there yet .. very dissapointing indeed.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:56 PM
MidnightCayman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
What gets me is the asinine subscriber card included in their magazine where they want you to print your VISA number and expiry date on the face of the card and then send it through the mail system for every criminal along the way to copy down and go crazy on internet spending at your expense. For such a great magazine - they really are backward in some regards. So I look on their website to look for alternative ways to order... What do I find? They direct you to a link of this stupid card to fill out and MAIL in!! http://www.excellence-mag.com/subscr...rder-form.html

Guess they have never heard of secure card processing firms?

<shaking head>
Why not just send cash in clear see-through envelopes?
Old 01-29-2013, 04:58 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Oops!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:41 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 399 Posts

In a recent article I can't remember if it was excellence or handbrake they were discussing a 968 and how it is 5 speed....wrong they came with 6 speed transmissions.
I do enjoy excellence but some of the articles make you realize it is a rinky dink publication. not surprised it is a small outfit. just filled out my 3 year subscription renewal.
Ronnie; $6 savings on 30 per year is like earning 20% on investment...not bad.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:36 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 277 Likes on 186 Posts

Easiest way is to phone card # in. Savings amounts to about 1/4 tank of V Power good for 65 miles!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:45 PM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Still a little less in the US. All the magazine needs to do is link a "pay here" button with paypal and you are good to go. The web person should be able to accomplish that on a slow afternoon.

Quick Reply: Excellence Subscription Price Headin' Up.