Notices

Anyone here think we need a Canadian Off Topic Thread?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 12:19 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts

The loud ones follow the moderator's (Gretch) point of view and he rules the OT as his own little fish pond. Those that agree with him are ok, in his book, but anyone outside his logic is considered an idiot. Him and his *** kissing party makes sure its clearly known to everyone. I think a Canadian OT would be goo but to make it fair, keep it for members only. However, I'm not sure how effective that would be.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:18 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Imo000
The loud ones follow the moderator's (Gretch) point of view and he rules the OT as his own little fish pond. Those that agree with him are ok, in his book, but anyone outside his logic is considered an idiot. Him and his *** kissing party makes sure its clearly known to everyone. I think a Canadian OT would be goo but to make it fair, keep it for members only. However, I'm not sure how effective that would be.
Gretch is the moderator???? That explains a lot. He is one of the worst offenders
Old 01-13-2013, 02:45 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

Gretch is the guns forum mod. As I understand it a mod can't mod if he/she takes part in a particular discussion.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

I'm pretty sure he is the dominating moderator of OT too.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

If a mod posts in a thread, he/she cannot moderate the thread. Im0, I'm not sure what your beef with Gretch is. As a non member you don't have access to OT in the first place and secondly, Gretch rarely takes action in that forum as a mod. Feel free to PM me if you like.

Regards,
Old 01-13-2013, 10:23 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Bob,
I was really trying to stay out of this, but I just can't; I am a paying member and I do see what passes as moderating in the various "member only" forums...I venture in there often, not to post but to marvel at the lunatic fringe that hang out there.
Wasn't Gretch the one who changed the title of one of the threads you moved to OT to something quite derogatory towards Canadians? He pretty much bragged about it and I brought it to your attention in a PM; which you then rectified. While he isn't the moderator of OT, he certainly used his privileges to do something that is highly questionable. There isn't an ounce of moderation in what that man posts! As someone stated earlier, he absolutely hates Canadians and has often made quite insulting comments about us. If you felt the need to move our threads to OT because we should face the Americans we were apparently insulting, maybe you should move his attacks against Canadians over to this forum so he can face the music here.
I also disagree with your original reason for moving the threads because as you said they were OT in nature when this is a Technical forum. How is the Canada forum Technical? We have specific technical forums for every model outside of the regional forums. The Canada forum is by its very nature an "off topic" forum since it is not for specific issues...just the ones that Canadians want to discuss.
I'm pretty sure that this thread is getting too controversial and it will either get closed or sent to the abyss. Rant over.
Regards,
Old 01-13-2013, 10:51 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Imo000
I'm pretty sure he is the dominating moderator of OT too.
You fail on that thought process also. You and Vern should hang out for a while 'cause you can exchange false information and be happy together.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:46 PM
vern1
Drifting

^^ oh gawd here they come

I'd be happy to pay an additional fee to keep the vortex of insanity out of the Cdn forum....
Old 01-14-2013, 12:12 AM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob, I doubt you would disagree that in general Canadians and Americans have somewhat different views on many topics concerning our two very different societies. I also doubt you would disagree that a newbie in OT gets attacked every time if god forbid his views do not agree with the views of most of the regulars there. It's a tough crowd there's no denying that.
From reading the posts above I make a conclusion that it is likely that more members would participate in the OT discussions if the responses where less hostile. Guaranteed this will not be the case in the Canadian OT.
Rennlist Canada should first and foremost be a thechnical regional forum. However it does contain a lot of OT threads. Threads like the teachers thread is far off topic AND somewhat controversial as it turns out. Immagine what would happen to it if its moved to the US OT. If you dont believe it will turn into something ugly, go ahead give it a try. You know what would happen, we all know. I strongly believe that an OT section here would become hugely popular among not just Canadians, but Americans too. There are a lot of members all over Rennlist who feel bullied by the OT regulars.
As the other OT, this one should also be available to members only. Then I would be more that happy to renew my membership. I believe others here would do the same.
Stan
Old 01-14-2013, 12:19 AM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanR
You fail on that thought process also. You and Vern should hang out for a while 'cause you can exchange false information and be happy together.
That is a perfect example of a personal attack by an OT regular...
Old 01-14-2013, 12:35 AM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
That is a perfect example of a personal attack by an OT regular...
He sounds like an Alex Jones Fan.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:12 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
If a mod posts in a thread, he/she cannot moderate the thread. Im0, I'm not sure what your beef with Gretch is. As a non member you don't have access to OT in the first place and secondly, Gretch rarely takes action in that forum as a mod. Feel free to PM me if you like.

Regards,
I had access but since I decided not to renew my membership, I don't anymore and I'm fine with that. My beef with him started when he wrote me up for an absolute BS and the way he did it with a nice deragatory PM. I didn't like his mentality before and after this, I couldn't stand how he treated those that don't share his viewes.

If Gretch isn't the moderator of OT, then what gave him the right to write me up?
Old 01-14-2013, 10:14 AM
vern1
Drifting

Originally Posted by TurboS
He sounds like an Alex Jones Fan.
+1.

Observe his latest erudite observation on the great Alex Jones and his "discussion" with Piers Morgan...

"Don't forget guys, we have people right here on R-list who link exactly like PM, just look at the raging emotional estrogen that our norther brothers spew on a regular basis. All one has to do is look at the Canadian Forum to see that same level.

Thanks the Lord they are being put down slowly by the smarter, more conservative people."

Us poor dumb libbies
Old 01-14-2013, 10:37 AM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 652 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by vern1
+1.

Observe his latest erudite observation on the great Alex Jones and his "discussion" with Piers Morgan...

"Don't forget guys, we have people right here on R-list who link exactly like PM, just look at the raging emotional estrogen that our norther brothers spew on a regular basis. All one has to do is look at the Canadian Forum to see that same level.

Thanks the Lord they are being put down slowly by the smarter, more conservative people."

Us poor dumb libbies
Now you've done it!! This thread will be moved to P&C in 5....4....3.....2....1....
Old 01-14-2013, 11:53 AM
YourFace
Spark-plug-girl
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not particularly like to get involved in arguments and or disagreement that seems only to be fueled by additional sparks here and there, only to end up being caught in the bomb fire... I wanted to give it a "mommy" point of view.. take the analogy of your neighborhood, where you reside... where you park your car when you retrieve to your home. Now think of Rennlist as the neighborhood. Your membership is your parking spot. The spot in front of your driveway, on the street, for visitors who come to visit you. Those who are non paying members. Everyone, has a different opinion, we all need to park the car if we enter the neighborhood .. so why not simply get along. Agree to disagree.. on topics .. OT topics that only seem to be stirred by emotions and convinced by logics. Just think about it this way.. if you had an altercation, a misunderstanding with a close neighbor .. a fellow member.. using the same approach you .. would you not try to get along as best as possible? If you are simply visiting the neighborhood .. parking your car on the street.. then the way I see it.. you have a choice not to park your car in the same spot .. but still visit the neighborhoo.. no?

Now.. do not shoot this messenger!! Because I have a mean grip

Quick Reply: Anyone here think we need a Canadian Off Topic Thread?