Notices

So there I was minding my own business...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 12:13 AM
zer026T
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default So there I was minding my own business...

Just an average night... My wife and daughter are fast asleep so I decide to do a quick detail on the car after the fun run down Niagara way last weekend.

So here I have the garage door opened half way so I can get in behind the car to polish up the exhaust tips... It's pretty dark back there as the outside lights on the front of the garage are out for the night. As I'm crouched down polishing one of the exhaust tips I feel the sensation of someone lightly grabbing the back of my ANKLE!!! I get a little freaked out so I turn around expecting to see a neighbour with a grin on their face, but it's a little late so I really am a bit startled..... What do I find but a freaking raccoon staring right back at me... I yelled some kind of profanity at the thing and it backed off... but then it came waddling right back to me again!!! I didn't know what to do so I grabbed the lid of the trash can and started making loud grunting noises trying to scare the thing away! I bolted for the button on the opposite side of the garage to close the main door and assume he ran off.. I can still feel the adrenalin running through my veins.

Honestly I was more worried about it scratching or chewing the car than I was my own personal safety.. Those things are reckless!! I'm assuming it smelled the compost as I had it all ready to go inside the garage door (tomorrow is recycling pick-up day)... It must have gotten a whiff of whatever those beasts find appealing about rotting garbage. I bet half the neighbourhood is wondering what crazy loud grunting animal escaped from the Toronto zoo.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:37 AM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol. (can I even use this here?)
Old 10-25-2012, 08:43 AM
zer026T
Pro

Lol.. Wish I had my phone on me at the time to grab a photo.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:14 AM
steve_Cayenne
Racer

Those things know no limits! A few years ago, had the back door open ... one comes into the house like he owns the place, walked straight to the kitchen pantry, opens it, and makes off with a big bag of peanuts! Right in front of us!
Old 10-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Poor little fella, just wanted a warm
Old 10-25-2012, 03:27 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Shot. Gun.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:50 PM
wc11
Race Car

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

He was hungry for leg of you!

Paint ball. Then you know if it's the same critter.
If you need to remind him a second time, freeze the paint ***** first.

For those that think "awe they're cute" while they chew up your car, remember....Manson, Dahlmer & Bundy were once cute too. LOL
Old 10-25-2012, 08:27 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

LOL... That would have been a priceless scene to see! Glad you are ok!
Old 10-25-2012, 09:46 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 274 Likes on 183 Posts

Did you get the rabies shots just in case? My racoons - admittedly subject to "agressive maneuvers" - bolt when they see me.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:49 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thor keeps them away. We go for walks at night and he patrols the neighbours back yards and scares them away. Many a neighbour has opened their door and given Thor encouragement : "Git'em Thor!". He chases them as well as the odd Fox and Rabbits around here. Squirrels know to stay away!!! There is no way any animal can creep up with him around. He has also chased bears away up north ... as well as a few muggers that thought they would try to take me on. He even saved a woman in a electric wheel chair that has a small dog when someone decided she was next. Thor came around the corner, tensed up, growled and started moving towards him. He ran off through the "swamp" like a bat ot of hell. Never saw them again ...
Old 10-26-2012, 01:47 AM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Detailing your car when your wife and kids are fast asleep in bed!!! You must married for a long time. ...I can think of better things to do than polishing car pipes ...LOL
Old 10-26-2012, 08:10 AM
KillPhil
Instructor

Never venture out at night without your "Super-Soaker". LOL!
Old 10-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaak Lepson
Thor keeps them away. We go for walks at night and he patrols the neighbours back yards and scares them away.
Yes my 120lb Black Lab keeps the critters away as well. And scares kids at night in the park when we're out for late night walks. I think it's those shiny white teeth that is pretty much all they see...
Old 10-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

I think my position on 'coons is pretty clear lol.

On a related note, Jaak, is there anything Thor can't do? From your various tales of his adventures that he may have super power. (Does he walk around the house with a cape on occasion?)
Old 10-28-2012, 10:56 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nope ... he likes to be vacuumed, watches Thunderstorms with me, keeps an eye on the property, but ... a strong wind that makes "ghost" noises ... he gets sucky ...

Everyone in the neighbourhood knows Thor and comments on how well behaved he is. Many have not seen him in his "guard" stance w/growl and when this happens they can not belive it!!! A few of his bitches are pit bulls who look up to him. They usually give the submission pose when he comes to them ... He does walk up to everyone to say Hi ... and those that have a pizza ... more so as it's one of his favorites. He usually gets a piece of crust.

Tonight he chased two huge racoons up a hydro pole ... man can those suckers run when he starts running after them. Even the Fox takes off in a hurry ...

Quick Reply: So there I was minding my own business...