Notices

Fall drive 2012

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 03:27 PM
Dan@SCB
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ekam
I'm in, what else do I need to do to sign up...?
Its mandatory to come to Attented altleast One Saturday Morning Meet so we can Scrutinize your Porsche with a 1698 Point Inspection for Cruise Worthy Approval

PS: If you have no "Cats" on your car you are Automatically put to the "Not Cool" part of the Gird which is at the Very Back on the Pack
Old 09-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Mumbles
So guys, can someone make the decision for the schedule ?

Neil
I will, just waiting for more input as to direction.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Christien
Race Car

Originally Posted by Zook@SCB
PS: If you have no "Cats" on your car you are Automatically put to the "Not Cool" part of the Gird which is at the Very Back on the Pack
Yeah, we have to give the guys with the emissions equipment a handicap before we mop the floor with them
Old 09-14-2012, 08:37 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,143 Likes on 817 Posts

i would suggest starting at the brock monumnet this time. easier to drive down there in the morning rather than after back after a legnthy drive. Then people can jump on the highway at 50 if they have a long drive to TO or London or whatever.
doesnt make much of a difference to me tho
Old 09-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 339 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
i would suggest starting at the brock monumnet this time. easier to drive down there in the morning rather than after back after a legnthy drive. Then people can jump on the highway at 50 if they have a long drive to TO or London or whatever.
+1 ^^^
Old 09-14-2012, 10:45 AM
Dan@SCB
Banned

+2 so i can spend the weekend in Niagara Falls :P
Old 09-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Sultan
Burning Brakes

+3
Old 09-21-2012, 07:48 PM
Granger968
Pro

Originally Posted by porsche0nut
BOOYA! In my own car this year!
I guess we're not navigating and leading the pack!!
Old 09-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Granger968
Pro

Originally Posted by theiceman
i would suggest starting at the brock monumnet this time. easier to drive down there in the morning rather than after back after a legnthy drive. Then people can jump on the highway at 50 if they have a long drive to LTO or London or whatever.
+me too
Old 09-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Christien
Race Car

Ok. I'll do up map this weekend.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 339 Likes on 245 Posts

Can you maybe put the final date in the title please?
Old 09-21-2012, 10:03 PM
Christien
Race Car

Apparently not. I can edit my original post, but it doesn't let me change the title.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:51 PM
Christien
Race Car

Ok, I just pm'd everyone who posted in this thread expressing interest. If you didn't receive a pm, let me know. Bimmermike and fdss, you have pm's turned off. Mike, I sent you an email through rennlist. fdss, you have all messaging turned off, so I can't send you the map. Shoot me an email at cledroit at gmail and I'll send you the link to the map.

It's basically the same route as always, just backwards, with a few small changes, most notably skipping the meeting point at Casablanca. I've got us completing Ridge Rd. to Centennial parkway, then down to the QEW and over the Burlington skyway bridge.

Please note that I haven't included any rallying points. I'm hoping we won't need one, as it's a fairly long drive, and a stop is always at least half an hour. Also note that I will not be able to pre-drive this, so if anyone knows if any of the roads on this route are under construction, please say so, so the route can be altered accordingly!

Google maps says 2 hours and 40 minutes. I think we need to aim for a 10am departure so we can arrive at the restaurant in Burlington before 1. I'll make a reservation at the restaurant for 1pm once numbers are final. If you received a pm with the map route and are NOT coming, please pm me back saying so. Otherwise, I'll assume you're coming and count you in as part of the reservation for the restaurant. Come to think of it, if you're more than 1 person, better let me know that, too!

So, Brock's monument at 10am on Oct. 21, assuming weather is good.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Dan@SCB
Banned

Originally Posted by Christien
Ok, I just pm'd everyone who posted in this thread expressing interest. If you didn't receive a pm, let me know. Bimmermike and fdss, you have pm's turned off. Mike, I sent you an email through rennlist. fdss, you have all messaging turned off, so I can't send you the map. Shoot me an email at cledroit at gmail and I'll send you the link to the map.

It's basically the same route as always, just backwards, with a few small changes, most notably skipping the meeting point at Casablanca. I've got us completing Ridge Rd. to Centennial parkway, then down to the QEW and over the Burlington skyway bridge.

Please note that I haven't included any rallying points. I'm hoping we won't need one, as it's a fairly long drive, and a stop is always at least half an hour. Also note that I will not be able to pre-drive this, so if anyone knows if any of the roads on this route are under construction, please say so, so the route can be altered accordingly!

Google maps says 2 hours and 40 minutes. I think we need to aim for a 10am departure so we can arrive at the restaurant in Burlington before 1. I'll make a reservation at the restaurant for 1pm once numbers are final. If you received a pm with the map route and are NOT coming, please pm me back saying so. Otherwise, I'll assume you're coming and count you in as part of the reservation for the restaurant. Come to think of it, if you're more than 1 person, better let me know that, too!

So, Brock's monument at 10am on Oct. 21, assuming weather is good.
Awesome Chris,

Can you please PM on this account, i use this more now. Looks like ill be spending the 20th at the Falls
Old 09-24-2012, 12:46 PM
cash-man
Rennlist Member

I'm in.

Quick Reply: Fall drive 2012