Notices

Oakville Porsche turbo accident

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 10:21 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by PALETTE
i have pictures of the car. if anyone cares to see them i will post them. i really do not want to post them as the condition of the car is very grave, and i feel for the family not knowing them but i do and would respect them.
yet you have it on Facebook for millions to see...
Old 04-20-2012, 01:53 PM
PALETTE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zookie
You may want to look into that. there are only 4 people that can see them and you are one. dont choke on the popcorn, we still need you to organize GTG Friday
Old 04-20-2012, 02:18 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

The closest call I had was some 10 years ago at Country Side Road in Brampton north of Bovaird due to lack of adequate signage by the local government, there is a sharp 90 degree right and left kink between Bovaird and Airport road, I had not traveled on this road, it was at night, posted speed limit was 70 KPH and I was going 80 KPH traveling east bound when I saw one single small arrow sign at a distance pointing right, I continued at 80 KPH thinking it’s just a gentle sweeper since there was no other signs for reduced speed.

I was shocked to suddenly realize it was much tighter turn than the single sign had suggested, got on the brakes hard while turning but could not avoid sliding across the other side, went off the shoulder then into the ditch while still going at some 50 KPH, braking was ineffective since I’m now sliding on wet grass and fall leaves, then a tree with trunk of 12” diameter loomed in my sight as I slid right towards it head on.

Releasing the brakes momentarily allowed me to gain just enough steering to miss the tree on the drivers’ side, I estimated the side mirror missed the tree by mere couple of inches, my car then came out of the ditch and stopped at the shoulder, the bead of driver side front tire popped off the rim as a result of this off-road excursion.

Called CAA, and decided to walk back towards the corner that caught me off guard while waiting for them, there was in fact only one small arrow sign going east bound, and the tree I barely missed had several deep impact marks around knee level, clearly other cars have hit this tree in the past.

The insulting part was the westbound direction approaching this right/left kink had several signs from several hundred feet back, including multiple arrows, speed reduction down to 20 KPH (IIRC) and a massive yellow/black checkerboard pattern diamond sign. I guess the local folks all know about this corner and maybe the "out of towners" just thought it was their own fault and didn't stick around after hitting the tree......

I called Peel Regional Police the next day and they said I will have to call the City of Brampton, which I did, it still took them about over month to put up additional signs on the eastbound direction approaching this corner, hopefully no one else has had slid off since!
Old 04-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by PALETTE
You may want to look into that. there are only 4 people that can see them and you are one. dont choke on the popcorn, we still need you to organize GTG Friday
There is no point organizing GTG if you dont come out... no ones talks ****, thats why you need to come out
Old 04-20-2012, 03:57 PM
PALETTE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no point organizing GTG if you dont come out... no ones talks ****, thats why you need to come out
LOL my car talks for me. you know that Soon as its ready its coming out.

Quick Reply: Oakville Porsche turbo accident