Notices

Costco Dannmar MaxJax 2 post portable auto lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 01:09 AM
george44
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Costco Dannmar MaxJax 2 post portable auto lift

Hi guys, I trust many of you got your regular e-mail update from Costco. I noticed a 2 post car lift selling for $2,200. There is a picture with a Porsche up in the air. Anyone has bought it and using it? it says it is portable and the posts have wheels, I cannot figure from the photo how it all works and how these two posts are anchored or connected so that they stay upright. The rated lift capacity is 6,000 lbs, I'd say plenty for any normal car. Thanks,

George
Old 03-20-2012, 10:06 AM
smsarchitects
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

hmmmmm, gets me thinking about my garage project.
subscribed.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:36 PM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

George,

I bought the MaxJax from Costco in Summer 2011. I got it for $2000, drop shipped to my house.

Search Youtube for maxjax, and you can see a bunch of installations of it. Also lots of discussion online at rennlist, garagejournal etc.

The anchors need 4" of concrete to hold properly. My floor wasn't thick enough, so I ended up pouring new footings that were 3'x4'x1' deep.

Peter
Old 03-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Benny771
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a "normal" garage (double) it may be in your intrest to look for a scissor lift. Lift height and 6,000lb max weight are the same.
The issue with the 2 post lifts for me was you need at least 2 feet on either side of the car. Therefore it was almost impossible to fit a second car in the garage.
Repouring or footings is major work.
A scissor goes on a normal thickness floor and can be moved around if need be. eg. new house.
But a 2post lift you can access the exhaust fully on a front engine car.
GL to you in your quest. Im sure either will be a major improvement over a jack.

On the bad side .... your friends will need it ALOT But i do get free beer.

Quick Reply: Costco Dannmar MaxJax 2 post portable auto lift