Notices

991 reviews not all positive?.........

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 05:30 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by pongobaz
I think at this stage, she'll call it your senior moment!
I believe I'm starting to experience one of those moments already. I'm pretty sure that I am going to forget to tell her about all the modifications I have planned for the GT 2 this year.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:33 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboS
I believe I'm starting to experience one of those moments already. I'm pretty sure that I am going to forget to tell her about all the modifications I have planned for the GT 2 this year.
Got to live it up while we can! As I tell my kids, I intend to die peacefully in my sleep just like grandpa and not screaming in terror like his passengers!
Old 01-13-2012, 05:42 PM
MidnightCayman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just stopped by the dealership. 991s arrive in Halifax on Feb 4th.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:58 PM
seanmcr6
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Stig
This first 991 will be the volume leader for this model. It, along with Cajun's and Cayenne's will fund the other performance oriented one-off's that enthusiasts love and lust after.

These guys have to make money. Pandering to the lowest common denominator with a more GT-ish car and selling shed loads, is going to put money in the coffers.

The true enthusiast who wants a visceral, connected driving experience may not go for this car. The 991 GT3, GT3 RS, GT2, et all will fit the bill.

Don't feel too queasy yet Ronan. This is not your 991. The one you want is still a few years away. And if the early pics are anything to go by, it will be epic.
bull****. Porsche didn't have to make comfy 911's for the masses for over 40 years...why do they NEED to do it now?

They also didn't need to make SUVs or 4 door saloons.

Now we have mini SUV on the horizon.

Ferrari/Lambo. None of these companies have changed their direction. (in any serious manner, there are little mini distractions along the way) They make the best sports cars in the world. Done.

Porsche used to be a company owned and run by a family, directed by a set of values, not a board of directors. The money came in just fine and the products were world class.

Today, Porsche is sold to VW....mark my words, Porsche will become the Acura/Lexus/Infinity to VW. Period. The premium mark of VW. As such, the need to be more mainstream, cost effective and simple to produce are the driving factors behind development.

It's only a matter of time, but in another 10 years, I fear no one will think of Porsche as anymore more than that.

I'm only happy I got to get my dream car while they were still being made.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:03 PM
MidnightCayman
Racer

Originally Posted by seanmcr6
bull****. Porsche didn't have to make comfy 911's for the masses for over 40 years...why do they NEED to do it now?

They also didn't need to make SUVs or 4 door saloons.

Now we have mini SUV on the horizon.

Ferrari/Lambo. None of these companies have changed their direction. (in any serious manner, there are little mini distractions along the way) They make the best sports cars in the world. Done.

Porsche used to be a company owned and run by a family, directed by a set of values, not a board of directors. The money came in just fine and the products were world class.

Today, Porsche is sold to VW....mark my words, Porsche will become the Acura/Lexus/Infinity to VW. Period. The premium mark of VW. As such, the need to be more mainstream, cost effective and simple to produce are the driving factors behind development.

It's only a matter of time, but in another 10 years, I fear no one will think of Porsche as anymore more than that.

I'm only happy I got to get my dream car while they were still being made.
Would you pay $300k for a 911?
Old 01-13-2012, 09:25 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Originally Posted by pongobaz
Got to live it up while we can! As I tell my kids, I intend to die peacefully in my sleep just like grandpa and not screaming in terror like his passengers!
Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy ****! What a ride!’
Old 01-13-2012, 09:25 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Originally Posted by MidnightCayman
Would you pay $300k for a 911?
Only if it was Red.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 1,060 Likes on 504 Posts

[QUOTE=seanmcr6;9183052]bull****. Porsche didn't have to make comfy 911's for the masses for over 40 years...why do they NEED to do it now?]

Because times have changed, and the majority of buyers are older. Maybe they will make a 911 that can stow a walker in the bonet.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:51 PM
GreatWhiteNorth
Rennlist Member

Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy ****! What a ride!’
Right On!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:51 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

I disagree. Porshes of yesteryear WERE comfy and luxurious compared to other cars on the market. How many cars had power windows in the early 70s? Power seats in the early 80s? Heated seats in the late 80s?
Old 01-13-2012, 10:06 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

I have it on good authority though that the next GT3 will be "insane"...
Wonder how the wife is going to react to a third mid life crisis. [/QUOTE]

She should just be happy you made it to 120;-)

Quick Reply: 991 reviews not all positive?.........