Notices

...Sooo what did you get for Christmas...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 01:13 PM
lopro
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im using woodstove also an insurance does not approve. we get wood shipped in. I use a mister heater for down in the shed or mobile heating solutions. Being in a closed room with it for long gives a sore throat the nextday. For some odd reason I feel like i talked to you about this once before but dont know where.

The lift I need bigtime. Thanks for the link i will try to research them.
cheers.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:47 PM
lopro
Banned

Originally Posted by acadian_dad
looks like a wood stove in the splitter pic ...
wow after going back an looking at that pic im not sure how I could have missed this. what the hell

that looks like a great setup you have going up there. Very nice. Are you planning a racedeck floor?
Old 01-04-2012, 03:45 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lopro
wow after going back an looking at that pic im not sure how I could have missed this. what the hell

that looks like a great setup you have going up there. Very nice. Are you planning a racedeck floor?
It's one possibility, but I'm leaning more toward porcelain tile at the moment. With nowhere for the water to drain when I put a wet car in (the slab is flat), I need to be able to squeegee the water out the door, and RaceDeck isn't really suited for that, or for welding, grinding or wood stove sparks. In any case, I won't do anything until summer.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:24 PM
lopro
Banned

understood, I built a hearth or a little platform around the woodstove so sparks do not cause any issues, Its pulling the ash out when its hot that can be a real worry. I shovel it into a ash bucket and put it outside the door but sometimes hot coals hit the floor. Race deck have a floor that is deigned just for drainage of water. but if the floor is not level and the water does not run out normally then I cant see this working, your correct welding sparks are a real issue. Problem is porcelain tile is if you drop tools it can be a real mess quick. I'm in the same boat really because I like working in my garage or shop. Some guys just take all the work to someone to get done. I could but I prefer DIY. please let me know what you choose. Im very interested.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Murphy's Law
Instructor

Originally Posted by lopro
MURPHY'S LAW please post pics of this track art. I am very interested in seeing it. Im placing an order also. Sounds like a great idea. I want it for my garage wall. Interesting
Sorry for the delay in posting this, been MIA over the last week.
Attached Images  
Old 01-12-2012, 01:31 AM
lopro
Banned

that is cool, I have been talking with them about making one also. I like the mosport track art very much

Great idea. It would help to memorize the lines while sitting in the office or wherever you hung it on the wall.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:39 AM
mpower1226
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

lol got myself a winter beater, mazda protege5!

man this car has no *****!
Old 01-13-2012, 03:41 PM
lopro
Banned

Originally Posted by mpower1226
lol got myself a winter beater, mazda protege5!

man this car has no *****!

haha indeed. The mp3 or whatever it was called was the better version and even that was a slug. Oh well, gets you thru the snow season while p cars all tucked away safe an salt free

Quick Reply: ...Sooo what did you get for Christmas...