Notices

TMP back on the market :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 03:32 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TMP back on the market :(

Just got the email from the bankruptcy advisor that TMP is back up for a forced sale.

Here's what it says:

"Please be advised that bids will be accepted on December 8th at 3:00 pm. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the information package or the bidding process please contact Peter Schmidt at 905-943-4023"
Old 12-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Is there any kind of a business plan available? Financial documentation? I might be seriously in for part of a group buy, if it's a viable business with a decent return.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:34 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,081 Likes on 773 Posts

if it was a viable business with a decent return .... i doubt it would have ended up on the chopping block in the first place.

I think it would need a whole new business plan by any investor . It is up for bankruptcy so i dont think id be looking ay any current business plans.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Targatoo
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder if the guys from Calabogie are looking. They seem to have it right.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Rev_2_8k
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, I hope the new owner(s) can keep it afloat when the time comes.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

Told you all something was fishy with the 'yank it off the market' the first time around. Sworn statements are made to the courts in order to petition for bankruptcy and a forced power of sale. These undertakings are not taken likely and are not entered into and then removed and then back on the table as part of some crazy 'up the ante' by banks or investors to get better refinancing terms. Actually something like that would be grounds for a disciplinary hearing in front of some professional groups... So something really weird happened here. Buyer beware.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:22 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I got an e-mail from them recently offering volume-discounted track days for next year...
Old 12-06-2011, 09:02 AM
mdex
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
Told you all something was fishy with the 'yank it off the market' the first time around. Sworn statements are made to the courts in order to petition for bankruptcy and a forced power of sale. These undertakings are not taken likely and are not entered into and then removed and then back on the table as part of some crazy 'up the ante' by banks or investors to get better refinancing terms. Actually something like that would be grounds for a disciplinary hearing in front of some professional groups... So something really weird happened here. Buyer beware.
It isn't that uncommon for a property to go power of sale, and then the person losing it to use some legal tricks to slow things down for some time. I have seen it happen quite a few times over the years.

I know the agent dealing with this personally, I will see what I can dig up.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

place needs some money spent on it, its falling apart
Old 12-06-2011, 02:42 PM
ZR8ED
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think "noise" limits/complaints have hurt that facility over the years as the area gets built up. (similar to the noise complaints Mosport is receiving by newcomers to the area). I hate to say it, but maybe they need to limit the noise of the cars if they still want to be able to run there. ie no open headers etc.
Not sure it would solve all the problems, but may make the facility seem less of an infringement on the surrounding community.
my .02 cents
Old 12-07-2011, 11:56 AM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 263 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
if it was a viable business with a decent return .... i doubt it would have ended up on the chopping block in the first place.

I think it would need a whole new business plan by any investor . It is up for bankruptcy so i dont think id be looking ay any current business plans.
Not necessarily if you can pick it up in bankrupcy for a low price that does make sense financially. Restaurants usually need to go belly-up 3 times before the assets have been devalued enough to facilitate profitable operation.

Quick Reply: TMP back on the market :(