Notices

Hunter Motorsport in Toronto

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 08:59 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,149 Likes on 823 Posts

you going the Ln engineering route ? are you going to install the guardian at the same time ?
Old 10-14-2011, 09:06 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

LN seems to be the best (if not the only) bet at the moment, the bearing technology as explained by Flat Six makes sense to me, not sure if I'll get the Guardian as well initially, that technology is proven also but I've not had first hand experience, although I am in the aerospace/aviation industry and this technology works well in helicopter gear boxes as Jake had also mentioned.

Would be interesting to hear from the first batch of Guardian owners if and/or when that first "save" occurs.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:45 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
you going the Ln engineering route ? are you going to install the guardian at the same time ?
I think the guardian option is more for the people who don't want to spend the $2K to change the IMS bearing and $350 sounds like a cheaper option. To do both seems like overkill as reading up on the bearing it looks pretty well engineered. I was quoted $1700 all in for the bearing change and that was with a tip - the 6 speed would have been a $100 cheaper or so. Doing both is like wearing a belt AND suspenders.

Quick Reply: Hunter Motorsport in Toronto