Notices

6th Gear tomorrow at Mosport

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 08:00 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

I know what you mean gbuff - my thought was incomplete (I was on an iPhone).

I should have said that how fast a person like me makes it around the track is not meaningful. Sure it is super fun to drive the tracks. Awesome and enlightening to hang out with others of like mind all day and yes, I have done a bit of instructing (Mosport only) and it is indeed rewarding to see the student's progress through a weekend (and terrifying!), but the reward of driving the track fast, to me, just was not there anymore. So I stopped going and aside from my fun time memories, it doesnt matter if my laps were crazy fast, a bit fast, normal or really slow.

That is what I meant, that looking back at my years there, that it seems pointless to have been pushing so hard lap after lap, risking so much for little, if any reward. Im just a dude who loved to drive his street car around racetracks. I thought my laps were fast and that was cool. I WAS SO WRONG!!!

Driving at 8/10ths would have been equally rewarding.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by BioBanker

Driving at 8/10ths would have been equally rewarding.
It is!
Old 09-03-2011, 10:27 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by pickering993
^^^ I wasn't sure if it was Perry or Marco in the car, but they were haulin' ***!
Yes, both were there, although Marco only did a bit in the afternoon. Perry drove all day in his white/red decal-delete RS.

Christien, I was standing in the paddock when the flat bed came in and heard you say that it was your dad. Had no idea it was you however since we never met in person. Would have said hi.

It was a big one alright (one wheel flew off), and glad the "old man" is ok (I can say that, cause I'm one of them ).

Quick Reply: 6th Gear tomorrow at Mosport