jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Hitler finds out no Porsche in Forza Motorsport 4

Old 08-26-2011, 11:03 AM
mx22
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's rather sad indeed. The main reason I bought Xbox was to play Forza and I'm not sure I'm interested in Forza 4 without Porsche's in it.

I don't understand Porsche's position on this. Current generation kids do not really go to race tracks or watch races on TV, I'm not sure to what extend "win today, sell car on Monday" mentality works now. Video games are one of the major ways for a company to bring its name to a household. IMO it's in Porsche's best interests that their cars are represented in ALL popular racing games. As it stands, everyone looks bad - Turn10 for not being able to work something out, EA for withholding rights and ultimately Porsche for being absent from one of the most popular racing games.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:29 PM
jasonintoronto
Burning Brakes

EA is pushing the fact that the porsches are still in "need for speed":

Old 09-09-2011, 12:30 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Slightymad studios, who own the Shift 2 engine are done with EA. This was really the only half decent racing game in the NFS titles. The rest are arcade games built for controllers and not racing wheels and pedals. I have no intention of buying them even if they do have Porsche in it.

I don't know if it is true but I think Porsche signed a 10 year deal with EA, which should be over in 2013.
I really hope so, so that other games can license Porsche legitimately.
I also know that the newer games coming out on PC will allow consumer made modifications to their game to be done. This means that consumers can make any car model without any need to license and then release these through P2P channels.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

EA has more money and the execs are sharks. Owning the exclusive rights to Porsche in video games is worth millions.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:44 AM
michel944
Pro

This whole deal pisses me off seriously....RUF makes awesome street cars and they should pretty much replace the current faster 911's. But we lose the classic Porsches AND the race cars....Having to race a modified street RUF in R3 against the real race cars from the other brands will always be weird as far as I'm concerned.....

Quick Reply: Forza 4 say bye to Porsche and hello to Ruf