Pfaff tuning track day Aug 25

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 12:51 AM
GentlemanRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 139 Posts
Default Pfaff tuning track day Aug 25

Has anyone been to one of these?

I see they are run by APEX, so I was wondering what if any difference between just APEX day or pfaff day?

Is the learning and fun factor the same?
Old 08-03-2011, 09:06 AM
bigboi's911S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to one earlier this year as well as an Apex day later on... Both basically the same - seemed like we got more track time with the Apex day (depending on what group they place you in)

One is cheaper than the other - I'll let you guess which one...

The usual though, accident avoidance, ski pad, track time. Instructors available for track time as well if needed or requested.

I'm going again on the 25th as well, so that should tell you all you need to know!
Old 08-03-2011, 10:02 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

how much is pfaff day?
Old 08-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Skeptikal12
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

The Pfaff day is $500 if I remember correctly.

Not sure if I will go. Want to learn to drive my car properly and was wondering if this is the correct avenue.

Can anyone recommend anything other than this for the same price or cheaper that would be better suited to getting to know your car and what it is capable of? Additionally, do these track days destroy your front bumper from the debris kicked up from cars in front of you?
Old 08-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 372 Posts

no for the front bumper for a beginner. later on some more advanced speeds and driving close together could cause some stone chips. clear bra is a good protection from this.
pca is another option but you must do their skid pad first and I think they have one in Shannonville this month.
apex should be fine.
for cheaper you could go to TMP but I am not sure what instruction you could get there. Jewlz track day sounds like it might be good for a beginner (includes in class session) as well. get ready to be hooked; I hearr the spyder is a lot of fun on the track with its midengine.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:12 PM
GentlemanRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 139 Posts
Talking thanks

for your opinions
Old 08-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Jewelz
Intermediate

Hey TurboDan thank you for the mention.
Yes, my day is cost efficient ($389.99) tax-in and includes in-class novice session and more lapping during the day.

Novices drivers will be in their own group and Amature + Pro's will be grouped together.

Which ever day you choose in the future, I'm sure you'll be with us for life. :-)

Have a great night guys.

Jewelz
Old 08-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Burkey
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Did my first track day with PCA last month at Mosport, had an excellent instructor definitely learned a lot. It was very well run event, would highly recommend it. Was 395 for 3 days.

Burkey
Old 08-03-2011, 11:20 PM
comatb
Rennlist Member

I provide private instruction at TMP on many Mondays and highly recommend that as a great way to learn skills on a safe flat track that allows you to push to your limits without severe consequences. Once you are comfortable with understeer, oversteer and heel and toe you are then ready to take on the big track at Mosport and make use of all your car's and your skills to maximize your fun and speed.

Bill
Old 08-04-2011, 11:57 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Skeptikal12
...Can anyone recommend anything other than this for the same price or cheaper that would be better suited to getting to know your car and what it is capable of? Additionally, do these track days destroy your front bumper from the debris kicked up from cars in front of you?
In my humble, best way to start is with the PCA, UCR (Upper Canada Region) in our case. Process is very gradual, and they won't sign you off until they know you will be safe for yourself and others. The process is a bit tedious, but you have to remember that they cater to a large audience, with varying experience and objectives.

Only "problem" is that their events normally last a full weekend, where you do 4 20-minute sessions per day. There's a lot of waiting around, but it's a good way to meet like-minded individuals, which is a plus when you are starting off.

Next step is the private lapping days. These are a bit more $$, but you get equivalent, if not more, track time as with the UCR. I like those because they are a very efficient way to track. Plus, it's much easier to sneak away for a day during the week than for a whole weekend.

Also, once you are signed off with the the UCR, there are some interesting solo lapping events that become available (i.e. $75/day charity event last month). Unless you are in their books as a solo driver, you can't attend.

Either way, it's all good.

You will love the Spyder

Quick Reply: Pfaff tuning track day Aug 25