Notices

TMP May 20+28th

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 11:57 AM
hoffa
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default TMP May 20+28th

Did my first two lapping/instruction days at TMP.

I went to the May20th day... there were only a handful of cars there, which made it great learning experience. I took instruction with Terry & Gerry and learned a ton! (and boy was it fun!!) I put in like 220km of track time, slowly building up speed as the day went on. The car (all stock) held up very well.

I thought yesterday would be a good opportunity to go out and practice those lessons .. however, it wasn't an ideal setting.

A bunch of forum (vw, bmw, honda, etc) all showed up... there were like 85 cars. Tons of traffic. The worst part about it is that there a bunch of people that did not understood the rules. I'm a newb, but I know not to pass unless waved, i know not to pass unless it is in a designated area, and I have no problem waving people by if they (think) are faster.

My favorite quote of the day was "Hey, whats the hold up, can i go race yet?". There was a red flag waving.. Sigh. Bunch of show-boaters with something to prove. Lots of people getting kicked out. I am sure someone else is posting "Dude, i owned this silver 911".

Did meet lots of cool people though. Here is a pic with some of the Porsche guys I met.
Attached Images  
Old 05-30-2011, 11:56 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never seen Gerry Low so angry before. I'm all for newbies coming to the track, because I love the sport and love to see more people join in, especially if it keeps the racing off the streets, but this weekend was OTT! I've never seen so much testosterone, modified cars, and people with something to prove. At times, it felt like being stuck on the DVP, the traffic was so bad out there.

Quick Reply: TMP May 20+28th