Notices

can anyone reccomend a good wheel shop?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 10:39 PM
thewitchdokta
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default can anyone reccomend a good wheel shop?

I'm looking for wheels for my 87 951. I've talked to a few places in toronto and not much has turned up. Can anyone recommend a place they've had luck with? Just put on some new toyo T1Rs on my stock rims and the printout from the balancing machine is showing me that my wheels are a little warped Good ol' toronto road maintenance.

Also, i've seen a few ppl running 997 turbo replicas in 18" and it looks great. Does anyone know the name of the manufacturer of those replicas?

any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:59 PM
sp000lin
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can try Steelcase Tire 'n Mag out in Markham. I always enjoy dealing with them and they are absolutely huge, excellent aftermarket wheel selection and I'm sure they can find you whatever it is that you are looking for. In their showroom they always have replicas of Audi/ BMW wheels so I'm sure they can at the very least point you in the right direction. I've always dealt with them while working at one dealership or another, and they were always more than happy to chit chat and give me wholesale cost without asking any questions. So if you are in any sort of way related to a dealership, maybe try mentioning the dealership name and they can do the same for you, even if you have a friend that works at one or something of the sort. All really nice guys and I've been dealing with them for 5+ years now.

http://steelcasetires.ca/
187 Steelcase Road West #1
Markham, ON L3R 2R9
416-492-9992 or if that doesn't work try 905-479-8884

The other place I've had nothing but good experience with is Simply Tire in North York, Al the owner is a super guy to deal with, and I remember seeing I think a 993 Turbo outside of there a few years ago that he owned or maybe still owns.

http://www.simplytire.com/
515 Champagne Dr
Toronto, ON M3J 3C6
(416) 916-9233

Give both of them a call or drop by in person, they are both always super busy so maybe dropping by would be a better idea, sometimes they are hard to get a hold of by phone.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:56 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 390 Posts

I know Steve at steelcase and Alan at Simply tire (he sold his 993tt and has gtr now)
both are great guys but for what you are looking for go to Simply.
If I were in your shoes I would just buy a used set of quality (read not made in china) wheels that you can trust on your car...I have seen wheel failures.
btw I have a set of 16" phone dials (original from my 87 951) with toyo r888s (rcompound for track) for sale but clear coat is damaged and would need to repaint if used on street.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:10 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

talk to allen @ simply tire

Quick Reply: can anyone reccomend a good wheel shop?