Anybody going to SITM next month

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Livio928
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody going to SITM next month

Hi All,

Just wanted to see who was planning on going to SITM (Sharks in the Mountains) next month. I know of a couple of people who are already planning on going down on the Thursday and plan to come back on the Sunday.

If anybody is interested in rallying to go as group, that would make the drive more enjoyable.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts

I'm probably going too but don't know when I'll be leaving.

Did you get a new engine in the S4?
Old 05-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Livio928
Pro

I did. I have to find the time to pull the old one out, but before I put the replacement in, I want to address the oiling issues.

I am intently following Greg Brown's threads and solutions. I am still waiting to find out the $$ involved before I decide to go ahead with the mods, or just pop in the engine. It is easy to work on the engine on the stand, but not so when installed. I also have to remove my Provent and all of the new hoses and Injectors I just replaced weeks before the mishap.

I am working slow for a couple of reasons - kids, and i have not done this type of work before. I am trying to take it one step at a time. I want to do my own wrenching, but any help to ensure I don't break something is always appreciated. I have the shop manuals, and I also purchased the DT999 Diagnostic tool from Theo Jennkins a couple of months ago.

I will be travelling with Alex G and Mike S since I don't have a set of wheels.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts

Excellent! Rod is coming with me. Ted is goiong and _ think Steve too. But I'm not sure when and how everyone is planning on leaving yet.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:36 PM
BIMMERMIKE
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

We're not certain of departure time but I would wait until at least 3 or more cars can leave togther. I would prefer to leave very early Friday around 2 or 3am.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:59 AM
oups59
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Not decided yet
Old 05-11-2011, 06:40 AM
Steve Martin
Pro

Last year Rob and I left around 315am thursday morning heading toward Alcoa,Tenn. We went through ohio and met up with Andrew O in Kentucky(thats when it got really fun). We got to Alcoa around 4 o'clock and went for dinner at the restaurant next door. (NOTE TO SELF:GAS UP THURSDAY EVENING) On friday we drove the Sherohola Parkway through the mountains and arrived in Banner Elk around 3pm. On Sunday, Rob and I found the US431, (man I needed a high power go-kart then) a most awsome road that travells from boone NC to Brisol VA. Haven't confirmed anything, but this year will probably begin the same. Just, I have to sceam home on sunday, last yearI took Monday off aswell but dont have that luxury this year.

So I'll put it out there; I'm gonna leave around 3am thursday morning going to Alcoa to drive the Dragon first, same as last year. I think Mike and Alex are leaving on Friday morning going straight to Banner Elk.

Quick Reply: Anybody going to SITM next month