Notices

IMS Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 09:38 AM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Boxster33
Hi All, just wanted to give an update. Got the IMS Retrofit (Duel Row) and RMS replaced at Autowerks this past week. I just want to say that Domenic is a class act and really enjoyed my first experience with this shop. I thought the RMS was leaking but once they had the tranny apart it was the IMS not RMS. The clutch was still in great condition so i didn't replace it. The bearing had very little play but was filled with oil not grease. Price was very reasonable with 8 hrs labour and parts for total of $1700+tax.

Boxster33,

How much was the bearing, and what's the hourly rate? - I've got a 2001 BoxS with almost 89,000km on it. Figuring I should replace my IMS too.

Thinking I may attempt it myself, I am 3 weeks away from installing my lift.

P
Old 06-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Boxster33
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The IMS Retro Fit Dual Bearing was $600 + $99 Shipping.
Rms was around $30. The rest was labour 952 (8hrs*119). Auto werks wasn't the lowest or highest quote but I felt most comfortable with. The quotes ranged from $1600 to $2800. I feel lucky as I thought the RMS was leaking (Diagnosed by Phaff) but it was the IMS and probably would have ended in a future disaster. I don't plan on selling the car but i believe it will bring more value to someone who knows the car knowing the IMS was done.

Good Luck!
Old 06-21-2011, 03:33 AM
JDSStudios
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by strife_wy
Has anyone installed the LN Engineering IMS upgrade with the shops mentioned above?
I did the IMS LN upgrade at Eurospek mentioned by the OP.
David is excellent, and his price reasonable.

EDIT: if you do a search, I took pictures of the whole process, and posted them here- IMS LN upgrade, water pump and belt.
The shop is very clean, a lot of space, and David works on German cars- Porsche, Audi, BMW and Mercedes and other exoctics.

Quick Reply: IMS Replacement