Notices

World Fine Cars pissed me off - a study in customer service.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 09:12 PM
r.cianci
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey,

Sorry about any confusion, I should have clarified myself before expressing my opinion and experiences I have had.

First off, no, as 1990964C4 pointed out, I am not an employee or even related to them in any way. Just your average "car enthusiast" customer.

- Sorry _boman, the posts on the 2 Audi forums were also made by me. If you must know every detail, I had just picked up a 2006 Audi A4 2.0t, and was loving it. Have shopped at other dealerships in the past (and had both bad and good experiences) and just wanted to let other members know.

- If you really want to go in-depth, notice how I was only replying to threads started by other members, up until this thread I had never provided any actual information. Only "great experience". I was an active member of audizine for quite a while, never made too many posts but always kept up to date with new ones. (If you also must know, A4 was stolen in Sept. 2010, Green-P parking garage downtown, Toronto)

- early_grayce, not the kindest of posts, but understand where you're coming from. I can imagine how new members on the forums can be "annoying"

- pontifex4, 997inTO - Every buyer is entitled to "do their own homework" and find the right dealership. Again, I had some great purchases and thought I'd add a comment to the forum; this was not an attempt to influence your buying decision/attitude towards any dealership in any way.

Also, I don't appreciate "bashing" dealerships, and understand that my post may have been a little bit closer to perfection than cold-harsh reality of buying pre-owned. For that, I also appologize.

To close this off, I hope this provides clarification for any members or readers of this thread, if you have any other questions feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks,

r.cianci

(Latest purchases were a Cayenne and Boxster by family members - Just in case you're wondering how I ended up on Rennlist - found this site to be very helpful with maintenance guides and DIYs)
Old 04-27-2011, 10:04 PM
jasonintoronto
Burning Brakes

*cough**cough*
Old 04-27-2011, 10:20 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 497 Likes on 356 Posts

Ssssshur.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:48 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, a bot can't do that.

I guess my anxieties over the endorsement were based on my skepticism of new users on forums -- generally, those who have an agenda show their colours early (they may have joined the forum just to argue an unpopular viewpoint, or to seed and influence discussion without revealing their affiliation to a benefiting party). To established members of the community, this comes off looking insincere.

This was by no means a charitable thread to WFC before r.cianci got involved, and given that there was some supported history of other positive posts on other fora from accounts with equally low post counts, I think I made a leap here that a lot of others did, too.

r.cianci, I'm sure you can understand my line of thinking.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:39 AM
early_grayce
Burning Brakes

Right. And just about every post you've ever made to other forums are all "new" posts, and all endorse WFC? You've bought Audis off them too?
You're quite the enthusiast.
I particularly like this posting:

"World Fine Cars, great experience.

http://www.worldfinecars.ca"

If you've read around on here we openly welcome new members, that's pretty much what we're here for.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:26 PM
boraiv333
Instructor

I'm a late comer to this WFC thread and would just like to "warn" any perspective buyer to get a PPI at a Porsche or Indy shop before purchasing ANY vehicle they list.

Let's just say that my PPI inspection at a Porsche dealership saved me from making a HUGE mistake of not purchasing one of WFC 997 vehicles......

You have been warned
Old 04-28-2011, 01:46 PM
carguy88
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

For what it's worth, I have bought two cars from WFC over 10 years, and have had nothing but a positive experience, including letting me take the car out to get PPI done. I also have a friend who have purchased several Porsches from them, they have also had a good experience. My judgement of a dealer is not one salesman or one story (to be honest I am not a big fan of salesmen in general), but more on the ownership and the during and after-sales support, which for me has been very good there.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:00 AM
Mike_UCR
Rennlist Member

Well it looks like we have mixed opinions about WFC although it appears the negatives are winning. Appreciate all the comments. Would also like to applaud the Pfaff outlet store in Oakville. They had no problem giving me the keys and even suggesting a 40km route, including a stretch on the 407, that would showcase the capabilities of the car.

If indeed my experience was related directly to the salesguy then maybe I should forward this link to WFC management so they can see how they are perceived.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:18 AM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 497 Likes on 356 Posts

I'm in business and without sales we are nothing. Anything at all, especially criticism is well appreciated and no I don't have any dealings with WFC.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

all it takes is one negative experience for me
Old 05-02-2011, 01:17 PM
mousecrab
Instructor

I had a positive experience with WFC. I end up didn't buy from they (yet) as the price was a bit high but had no issue requesting a test drive and was told I'm welcome to take the car for PPI at any independant shops.
Also know someone brought at WFC and was well taken care of.
If the price was right (belive the car is sold now) I would have brought from them.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:17 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 94 Posts

Must be tough for a used car dealership to have exclusively positive feedback. I get the sense most dealers don't examine the cars they are selling very carefully and considering everything that can go wrong things inevitably do in some cases.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:21 AM
RonCoolZone
Advanced

If the dealer has too many tire kickers then they need to learn how to "Qualify" the potential buyers and then be honest. Having someone come in for a test drive - then- have the car blocked into the show room is just WRONG! They deserve to keep their cars-- right there in the show room!
Old 05-06-2011, 12:04 AM
Mike_UCR
Rennlist Member

Surprisingly enough, the 01 996 I was interested in is still not sold. This car has been there for at least 7 months. I wonder how they finance their inventory?

Meanwhile, TFX Transport picked up my new to me 99 996 in Wichita KS today. Should be here in about a week!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 838 Likes on 384 Posts

Just had a haughty sh!thead from there tell me they would never allow someone like me test drive their Mclaren!

Quick Reply: World Fine Cars pissed me off - a study in customer service.