Notices

World Fine Cars pissed me off - a study in customer service.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Sultan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
here is how to get him back: find out the salesmans day off and make him come in for an appointment (tell him you have a cheque) ...and then stiff him! what goes around comes around

+1 that'll be like a reverse Nigerian scam. Make sure you do it midday, so that it screws up his entire day off!!! lol.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:04 PM
jasonintoronto
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
My wife's bosses son-in-law and daughter just bought a used Cayman from Pfaff and has had the same great experiance. He tested different cars and the last one (without the salesman) with his spouse taking turns driving it - he bought.
pfaff has been good to me with test drives too. i think at the end of the day, there are good salespeople and bad salespeople (and sales managers). you probably got a bad combination. i wouldn't give them my business after being treated as such.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:09 AM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by r.cianci
Just to chime in on this thread, I have purchased many cars from World Fine Cars over the years, and have had only great experiences. They do provide a 30-day warranty period for those whom are worried about purchasing a used car without a ppi. Driving it is always the best inspection.

As per the test-drive, you would be surprised how many "test-dummies" go around fine car dealerships looking for a way to pass their weekends.

Management is great, and although the salesmen may not always catch the true intentions of the buyer, the cars in the showroom are always top-notch. After all, that is what counts.
Ha, google the user name; this guy obviously works there...
Old 04-27-2011, 08:48 AM
early_grayce
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by r.cianci
Just to chime in on this thread, I have purchased many cars from World Fine Cars over the years, and have had only great experiences. They do provide a 30-day warranty period for those whom are worried about purchasing a used car without a ppi. Driving it is always the best inspection.

As per the test-drive, you would be surprised how many "test-dummies" go around fine car dealerships looking for a way to pass their weekends.

Management is great, and although the salesmen may not always catch the true intentions of the buyer, the cars in the showroom are always top-notch. After all, that is what counts.

You think we're stupid? Really? Seriously? In 2011 you think you can pull this off? Please go away, you're annoying.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ok

I'd hate to say it.....

But if you didn't buy the car ( or a similar one ) you wanted to test drive.....

You are a tire kicker! Plain and simple.

Dealerships "screen" because it is their neck on the line every time someone test drives a car. Their insuance deductibles are usually $5000 and up.

Besides.... What does a serious buyer look like? I usually look as poor as possible, and park around the corner to squeeze a better deal.

Independents like Christian don't have P-car Canada Covering his ***.

The sales person baiting you in without informing you about the $1000 deposit was wrong....but if I really wanted the car. No big deal. It's not like they were going to keep the $1000.

I've had issues with WFC before and don't recommend them to anyone but won't discuss it in an open forum.

Let's just say. Make sure all options and accessories are written clearly on the contract otherwise they might not be there on pick up.

Last edited by Speedyellow993; 04-27-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:21 AM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by _boman
Sorry, did you prove it? I tried, and didn't get anything relevant. Maybe I'm not a very good googler, though. That does seem like a pretty strong and unpopular endorsement, but you never know...
Old 04-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Never had any trouble with this at any age. It does seem like appalling service, and certainly I would not do business in those circumstances.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:51 AM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Default Shill!

Hahaha... Busted!

Originally Posted by _boman
Old 04-27-2011, 11:54 AM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Talking Big Shooter

Hey Ronan.... No problems for you b/c you have a certain big shooter look about you.

Originally Posted by Ronan
Never had any trouble with this at any age. It does seem like appalling service, and certainly I would not do business in those circumstances.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:21 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by pontifex4
Sorry, did you prove it? I tried, and didn't get anything relevant. Maybe I'm not a very good googler, though. That does seem like a pretty strong and unpopular endorsement, but you never know...
Yeah, it's not really that obvious, should've mentioned to google "world fine
cars" with the same inquiry...read the Audizine threads; he/she solicits there too..

http://www.audiforum.ca/eastern-cana...alerships.html

http://www.audizine.com/forum/archiv.../t-302883.html
Old 04-27-2011, 01:17 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

That is incredibly lame. Alright, they're forever off my list. Do you understand that, r.cianci? Your sham testimonial alone means that I will never use World Fine Cars.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:36 PM
997inTO
Racer

Wow, dude is so busted! We are well informed...I'm insulted that he would think of putting one over on us! DOWN WITH WORLD FINE CARS! THEY ARE ON MY SH_T LIST !
Old 04-27-2011, 02:54 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

I just called WFC and they do not have anyone by the name of Robert or Roberto working there at the moment, nor can the receptionist remember anyone associated with this dealer by that name now or in recent history.
While I agree that r.cianci's posts on RL and other forums seem like endorsements, there is no absolute certainty of his affiliation to the dealer in question. Thus, I am willing to give him the benefit of a doubt that he is just expressing an opinion of a satisfied customer.

Stan
Old 04-27-2011, 04:06 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
I just called WFC and they do not have anyone by the name of Robert or Roberto working there at the moment, nor can the receptionist remember anyone associated with this dealer by that name now or in recent history.
While I agree that r.cianci's posts on RL and other forums seem like endorsements, there is no absolute certainty of his affiliation to the dealer in question. Thus, I am willing to give him the benefit of a doubt that he is just expressing an opinion of a satisfied customer.

Stan
I was, too, until the links to other fora popped up which showed the same pattern.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:04 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

I make a living teaching sales processes and sorry but "tire kickers" are a direct result of sales people having poor processes in place. A serious customer is there to buy and will usually accept to follow a certain flow, while the joy riders and test pilots will try to bully the employee into a test drive right away. Sorry but no dealer is obliged to hand over the keys to just anyone wanting to drive; customers don't own the car until the cheque clears. Also the manufacturer doesn't have an obligation to protect the retailers from unscrupulous customers; no different than the indy dealers like Christien. Due diligence applies to both parties.

Quick Reply: World Fine Cars pissed me off - a study in customer service.