Notices

PORSCHE ANNOUNCES REDUCED CANADIAN PRICES

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 11:47 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know if parts prices have also come down in Canada? It's totally ridiculous right now; a part from PCNA in the USA that costs $246, is selling here for $400 and that's with a discount!
Old 01-04-2011, 11:56 PM
kkapoor
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a nice chart to clear things up.
Attached Images  
Old 01-05-2011, 12:25 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by fc-racer
Anyone know if parts prices have also come down in Canada? It's totally ridiculous right now; a part from PCNA in the USA that costs $246, is selling here for $400 and that's with a discount!
Yea Pongobaz, any inside scoop on that?
Old 01-05-2011, 12:42 AM
jasonintoronto
Burning Brakes

saw this image on DFC's site:

Old 01-05-2011, 12:50 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

yea jason we knwo that...

me and farzan want to know is the Spare Parts are going down aswell in Price...
Old 01-05-2011, 03:32 AM
AK1
Intermediate

And if the Porsche Canada finance / lease rates would also go down e.g. comparable to BMW Finance rates, I would be a happy camper. I was quoted 6.9% finance / 7.4% lease today.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:31 AM
hoffa
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not that I am in the market, but do you guys still know if Porsche Canada is still providing currency credits on top of the reduced prices? Or does this negate it?

My understanding was that for '10 the MSRP was X, but Porsche Canada provided Y current credit, where the currency credit would vary from month to month depending on the performance of the Loonie.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:39 AM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by hoffa
Not that I am in the market, but do you guys still know if Porsche Canada is still providing currency credits on top of the reduced prices? Or does this negate it?

My understanding was that for '10 the MSRP was X, but Porsche Canada provided Y current credit, where the currency credit would vary from month to month depending on the performance of the Loonie.
They are not. The currency credit was a stop-gap until the new pricing could be properly implemented through MSRP.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Receiver
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
...replies the guy with an air cooled car and one of the more desireable ones.

Conflict of interest, you are disqualified!
Seemed like a reasonable viewpoint to me.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:36 PM
amaist
Burning Brakes

LOL. I just did pay for a 2011 RS on Dec 30th to avoid the sales tax rise in QC.

I don't even know how that would have worked with a car that has a deposit on it.

Looks like I am coming out a little bit short even if I would have paid 1% extra sales tax. Oh well. I guess I'll have to go and start stomping around and ranting about how screwed I got. And then I realize I still own a GT3RS.

I would expect prices to reach even closer to parity in the future if the currencies stabilize around the current levels. Canadian prices don't have to be more expensive. When it was 1.60 CAD/USD Canadian cars were cheaper and there was a market for some southbound cars.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Not sure if it's the same in QC, or if it applies to cars, but with most retail purchases, if the item goes on sale within (can't remember if it's 2 or 4 weeks) the retailer has to refund the difference to you, if you ask for it. We did this with a whole bunch of xmas presents we bought in late November when the xmas sales increased in mid-December.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:29 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Receiver
Seemed like a reasonable viewpoint to me.
And just wait 'til 964s start to skyrocket. Any minute now...
Old 01-05-2011, 11:42 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 278 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
...replies the guy with an air cooled car and one of the more desireable ones.

Conflict of interest, you are disqualified!
I don't claim to not be in conflict, only objective, and the beneficiery of a little bit of foresight and a lot of dumb luck!
Old 01-05-2011, 11:59 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by amaist
LOL. I just did pay for a 2011 RS on Dec 30th to avoid the sales tax rise in QC.

I don't even know how that would have worked with a car that has a deposit on it.

Looks like I am coming out a little bit short even if I would have paid 1% extra sales tax. Oh well. I guess I'll have to go and start stomping around and ranting about how screwed I got. And then I realize I still own a GT3RS.

I would expect prices to reach even closer to parity in the future if the currencies stabilize around the current levels. Canadian prices don't have to be more expensive. When it was 1.60 CAD/USD Canadian cars were cheaper and there was a market for some southbound cars.
Bummer you took yours on the 30th. Mine (a Cayenne Turbo) was due December 23rd. but got caught up in shipping. It is in Halifax now and on its way here. Dealer called me yesterday..said price was coming down to which I was well pleased. I was offered a $ 7,000.00 cash credit as you likely were on your GT3 RS when I ordered the truck in the fall and now with this development, I am expecting some small reduction given the amount of options on my truck - but a few bucks is a few bucks. I bet you the net differance on your RS is next to buggerall if you work it through - but worth a oil change or two if you call your dealer on it I am sure.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:48 PM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Overdraft
Bummer you took yours on the 30th. Mine (a Cayenne Turbo) was due December 23rd. but got caught up in shipping. It is in Halifax now and on its way here. Dealer called me yesterday..said price was coming down to which I was well pleased. I was offered a $ 7,000.00 cash credit as you likely were on your GT3 RS when I ordered the truck in the fall and now with this development, I am expecting some small reduction given the amount of options on my truck - but a few bucks is a few bucks. I bet you the net differance on your RS is next to buggerall if you work it through - but worth a oil change or two if you call your dealer on it I am sure.
I was pretty much pushed into closing the deal but the upcoming tax hike. 1% on a GT3RS is money worth considering. It's not a six-pack of beer.

I am sure we can work something out with the dealer. No stress here.

Quick Reply: PORSCHE ANNOUNCES REDUCED CANADIAN PRICES