Notices

hit n run question! (Toronto)

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 06:39 PM
letonorth
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hit n run question! (Toronto)

hey yall, I'm Jess, new here - I'm kinda freaking out because i was just in an accident, and got my sisters beemer damaged...

So basically, I was taking a left turn n stopped to wait for traffic but this guy behind me bumped into me...i got out to get his info n stuff and he didnt have his license with him, n he kept saying dont call cops (which i couldnt do cause i didn't have my cell with me...) so he seemed like an honest person kept asking if i was ok so i trusted n asked for his name/number but neither of us had a pen...so i was like give me a card with ur name on it and he gave me his library card with his name and signature on it. he said we're blocking traffic so we need to move to a parking lot nearby so i got in the car n turned, but he just sped and took off!! I know i shouldn't have been so trusting >_< but im wondering is there anything i can do atm? I tried getting his license plate but i couldnt write it down and only roughly remember it..

there are no dents or anything on our car thank god, just the bumper in the back came off by about a cm, which is gonna be pricey to fix for me still..

so at the moment i have his full name and public library card, know the area he lives in, and kno he was driving a red mazda 3, can I do something to track him down or get his insurance or smtn? would the library give me any info? any help would be appreciated, thank you!
Old 12-16-2010, 06:50 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,149 Likes on 823 Posts

Okay well this is weird but lets get started.
This is a Porsche Forum for the Toronto Area so i am assuming there wold be a Porsche in the story soemwhere.
Secondly some people find foul language on an internet board offensive and I happen to be one so please if you wouldn't mind clen up your post.

Third there is no way you can proove his identity with a Library card. I also doubt he has insurance or even a drivers license.

I would go to a reporting centre and tell them what you know . The police have access to all kinds of records.

i really do doubt the library card is his
Old 12-16-2010, 08:04 PM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude, dis is a newbie and dayem, it doo say beemer or is it bimmer (bimma), and dats like a porsche relative init?

could'nt see any foul language, cept sum text spk and of course bimmer could be classed as swearage right?

ok, poster, if in doubt dont move your car get a witness, carry a camera and take pics of the car reg plate and driver, if in doubt, suddenly cry out, "oh my neck, I gots wiplash" then dial 911 ans get 5 O down there. never leave a scene and honestly, a library card? oh please.

mark it up to experience, take the license/make and model and drivers description to the police and hope they dont curl up laughing

weird iceman... doode dis is canada and you know my record here so far

anyweay welcome aboard, and if your a troll go away if not, carry on

peace love and twinkes

da jayster
Old 12-16-2010, 08:06 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you some kind of Nigerian Prince or something?
Old 12-16-2010, 08:20 PM
letonorth
2nd Gear

sorry guys, i changed the cuss word, i was just freaking out so I apologize. Thanks for the advice, you can go ahead and close this thread since it's not about porsches. I just freaked out and found just any car forum to ask...

i'm thinking of filling a collision report tomorrow so something can be worked out, the damage isn't that big anyway so i guess if they can't find him its not a big deal. thanks again
Old 12-16-2010, 08:40 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

This is just weird.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:47 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 541 Likes on 408 Posts

get a quote from a body shop and then go to your local library and take out the equivelant value in books and sign them out with the card. bonus if you can find books on fixing bimmer bumpers....ha ha ha.
rennlist is very entertaining tonight!
perhaps a bimmer forum would be more useful.
I also suggest checking the mazda 3 forum for a post like "I just hit a guy in a bimmer and get this I gave him a stolen library card and booted it out of there...those bimmer guys are morons"

also please post pics of bimmer damage.
also you should get a cell phone for car accidents or other emergencies
Old 12-17-2010, 12:00 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,149 Likes on 823 Posts

Well that was interesting .. thanks for cleaning up the post and good luck..
Old 12-17-2010, 12:01 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

like iceman said, you are **** outta luck...
Old 12-17-2010, 09:47 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

In general, my only advice is not to claim insurance if the cost is modest. It just costs you more in the long run.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Steve Martin
Pro

I got hit 6 weeks ago and got some good advice here. Me and the oter party trade all info except I did not get his Licence plate or insurance co. info. Easy way to find, go to yellow.ca, search the name and city, then go for a drive and see if any of the search results turn up a similar car to that involved. get the licence plate and go do the report at the cop shop, or, give him a call with a few of the estimated costs of the repair.....that will just make his day!

worked for me.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:22 AM
arcteryxbird
Instructor

Library books..... too funny Danny, lol
Old 12-17-2010, 10:51 AM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 112 Likes on 93 Posts

Turbodan,

Ransom him for his library books, overdue charges.... that is too funny. It's a great idea. I'd be crazy enough to try to pull that off....

Steve Martin,

Great detective work to find your collisionee....
Old 12-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Why isn't he searching for this on hondacivic.com or some site with more 'experiance' crashing cars?
Old 12-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You idoit! Call the COPs ! The COPS won't hurt you.

Take This as a good life lesson on trusting strangers.

I'm not sure how you had time to type this message yet no time to find a pen to write down they guys license plate.

Type the plate out you idiot!

Doesn't your phone have a camera?

I really feel sorry for the future generation!

Quick Reply: hit n run question! (Toronto)