Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Good luck vs bad luck..(O/T)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-0B8...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQLM-...ure=grec_index
Old 10-21-2010, 04:05 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

I was wondering if he was going to wander on to the track to test his luck some more.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:52 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

1st vid: Running a dry line on a wet track plus driving through standing water patches on corner entry. I'm more disturbed by the fact that they got out of the car and stand there videotaping as other cars race past them on a wet track. Dumb.

2nd vid: Loss of concentration as he gets closer to the Viper and gets on the inside curb upsetting the car at the wrong time just as he has to turn in the opposite direction. What do they call it, target fixation? He was doing fine until he began to watch the viper instead of what he was doing. Then he turned into the skid (look at time frames 0.14 sec to 0.16 sec) and was looking where he was going to impact - which is where of course... he did. In fact he kept the wheel to the right and locked up when he got on the grass - now you will continue on a straight line on grass unless you get off the brakes. Mid engine cars can snap in a heartbeat and this is a classic example. The big heavy Viper up head plows along through corners scrubbing off speed like a super tanker on corner entrance - it's the exits that get viper drivers! The Audi looks like it has very 'crisp' turn in and I know I wouldn't feel comfortable throwing it around until my brain caught up to the car. I'd be leaving a lot of rubber around parking lots and skid pad's before going to a track with it. He's lucky that he hit tires instead of uncovered concrete or armco as I didn't see the side airbags go off so his damage is a lot less and they walk away unhurt which is the main thing.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:49 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Then there is 'dumb' luck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8lrm...ext=1&index=13
Old 10-22-2010, 05:36 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regardless of what he did wrong (2nd vid), I felt really bad for the guy when he pleaded: "Please don't hit the wall. Please don't hit the wall."
Old 10-22-2010, 06:46 PM
chrenan
Three Wheelin'

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
Regardless of what he did wrong (2nd vid), I felt really bad for the guy when he pleaded: "Please don't hit the wall. Please don't hit the wall."
All I thought when he was saying that was that he is tracking something he can't afford to. What's the saying, don't run anything on a track you can't afford to roll off a cliff?
Old 10-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
Oh don't get me wrong I feel bad for the guy as well but I try to learn a little from stuff like this - to understand the 'why' it happened.

Quick Reply: Good luck vs bad luck..(O/T)