Notices

Can anyone recommend a baby seat for the back of a 911?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 02:48 PM
peritus
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Targatoo
I need to revive this thread. I'm stuck. See my other posts in the Canada forum.

Christien, what did you install? Pickering, did you get that Recaro seat in Canada?

My 2002 Targa has no Latches (it has an anchor on the rear dash).
Stig, can you tell me more about your 'Brey Krause installation'?

I gave up on rear facing but my son will be one year old in less than a month so, realistically, I'm preparing for spring. I don't want to procrastinate as I'm fearing that there may only be one seat out there and if it is discontinued - - - I wasted a lot of effort tracking down a 911 thinking it could be a 'family car'.
Go check out babies r us. you might have to test a few to see what fits in the parking lot.

When you have your selection, to go WalMart and get it for 1/3 the toys r us price.

Then, come back on RL and tell me which one to get. Jack is only 10 lbs so far...
Old 11-07-2010, 03:14 PM
entdoc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 2 Britax forward facing boosters that I used in the back of my 997 for kids 40 - 80 lbs. They look pretty much new as the kids never came in the Porsche that much but they must be 4-5 years old and I think childseats technically have a lifespan. My kids are out of boosters now so I'm happy to give them away free of charge so long as someone wants to pick them up in the Toronto area (I live midtown and work in Etobicoke). I'll try to post some pictures later.

David
Old 11-07-2010, 03:40 PM
peritus
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by entdoc
I have 2 Britax forward facing boosters that I used in the back of my 997 for kids 40 - 80 lbs. They look pretty much new as the kids never came in the Porsche that much but they must be 4-5 years old and I think childseats technically have a lifespan. My kids are out of boosters now so I'm happy to give them away free of charge so long as someone wants to pick them up in the Toronto area (I live midtown and work in Etobicoke). I'll try to post some pictures later.

David
David, if one of them fits in the back of a 964, I'd gladly put it to use. Please PM me with the best pick-up time from Etobicoke.

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Sultan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by peritus
David, if one of them fits in the back of a 964, I'd gladly put it to use. Please PM me with the best pick-up time from Etobicoke.

Thanks!
Ditto for me on the other one, if they both fit in a 964 that is.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:07 PM
entdoc
Instructor

PM's sent.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:53 PM
The Stig
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

@ Targatoo:

I replaced the belt receiver end and belt fixed end with Brey Krause Harness (D shaped) bolts. http://www.bkauto.com/porsche/r9003.php

I was able to use the UAS clips to plug right into these bolts. So I didn't have to use the seatbelt at all to secure the baby seat.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:19 AM
Sultan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by entdoc

David
Thanks David, seems to fit ok.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:29 AM
peritus
Burning Brakes

Mine fits too! When the little guy gains another 30 or so lbs, we'll try it out!

Thanks again David. Much appreciated, and it was nice to meet you.

Last edited by peritus; 10-02-2015 at 11:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Can anyone recommend a baby seat for the back of a 911?