Notices

Found 1000s of Credit Card numbers, names, addresses etc.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 12:29 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found 1000s of Credit Card numbers, names, addresses etc.....

Alright so the other day I typed something into Google completely unrelated to Credit Cards and I notice something funny about a Search result. I clean up the link and it's a blog FULL of VISAs and American Express' cards with the following fields:

Orderid CardType CardName CardNumber CardExpire FName LName Company Address City State Zip shipfname shiplname shipcompany shipaddress shipcity shipstate shipzip shipcountry shipphone shipfax Email orderdate ShipType ShipService ShipCost Grandtotal TotalTaxes Subtotal Phone

Apparently VISA or American Express don't believe me. Anyone work for VISA or Amex?

It's a pretty serious breach, who should I call??
Old 07-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

You might try to recreate the search, and save the search...
Old 07-22-2010, 01:26 PM
ZR8ED
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this guy in Nigeria who may be able to help..

Seriously though. If they (the card companies) don't want to do anything about it, make sure they know about it, then let the press know you found a breach.. don't disclose the info, but the companies should take serious your findings...some of that info could be about ME!!! If they are not interested, then they need to be made interested. Fraud costs us all.

Sorry about that rant, but I've had this type of trouble in the past, and it was not easy to sort it out. (people taking your identity and credit rating.)
Old 07-22-2010, 01:38 PM
peritus
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Holy smokes! Send me the link, it's my anniversary this weekend and I need some swag!
Old 07-22-2010, 02:15 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

They are useless, should I just start calling people/companies on the list?
Old 07-22-2010, 02:24 PM
vipola
Racer

lol!
Old 07-22-2010, 02:29 PM
jasonintoronto
Burning Brakes

there are companies that specialize in finding comprimised cards and selling that info back to the banks so the banks can disable them.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:43 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

This is useless, no one cares! Damn it, they are pathetic. I've been on the phone for ages. Good samaritans be damned eh?
Old 07-22-2010, 03:59 PM
vipola
Racer

they are probably all void by now..
what is bad is having PERSONAL INFO of peoples.. :/
Old 07-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

My wife had charges on our account this week that were not ours and before we even knew about it TD called her and told her that her debtcard had been used and they already knew it wasn't her as someone was running around Brampton and Mississauga attempting to withdraw $400 bucks ( 6 attempts after the first $400) at a crack from these stupid little cash machines in gas stations and 7/11's. So much for the 'chip' huh? Seems that until a retail outlets 'deal' with TD is up - they don't have to install (at their cost) the new chip reader point of sale devices. Some agreements won't run out for 5 years I'm told.

So she goes in to TD this week to get a new card and program a new pin# and there is a whole line up of people in our local TD branch who have had the same thing done to them. The line was 10 deep at the customer services desk. TD says they don't know who did the scan and copy on these cards. I do!

She asked every single person in the line if they had used their TD debit card at the local 7/11 down the street in the last 10 days. EVERY SINGLE ONE HAD! She bought bread and milk and a loto ticket as most others had and this site doesnt not have a chip reader - just a swipe type.

She called TD back and told them all this. They were like, 'Let us worry about this' and was blown off. We got the $400 bucks back in our account but all of this, 'not careing mode' about catching these A holes will just be billed to all of us through our stupidly high bank charges. What do the banks care if they get dinged for a few hundred million a year - they just pass it on like bad gas to us and the Government lets them get away with it! You can bet if it came out of the pockets of the bankers these issues would be cleared up NOW.

For the record: Don't go near any 7/11 with a debit card that is of the swipe type equipment, esspy the Derry Rd/Lisgar outlet. In fact ANY gas station with a swipe reader is on my list now.

But I have heard from different people that even the chip'ed cards can be hacked and that the equipment to do so is already in the hands of these creeps - it most likely was here from south asia before the bank equipment was installed. Can we not send these people to dig ditches in Wawa for a few years?? You know and I know they get out of metro west before the sun is down when caught.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:51 PM
Granger968
Rennlist Member

Amen for the rants, knocking my head on the desk for the banks' responses...
Old 07-22-2010, 05:05 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vipola
they are probably all void by now..
what is bad is having PERSONAL INFO of peoples.. :/
Nope-called a guy on the list in New york. He was pretty stunned.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:35 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Did you call the fraud dept of the local cops yet?

Don't really understand the debit card craze. I've used mine twice ever since they came out (at places that didn't accept credit cards).

Quick Reply: Found 1000s of Credit Card numbers, names, addresses etc.....