Notices

KW Porsche service

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 10:59 AM
hoffa
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default KW Porsche service

A friend of mine dropped by here yesterday to pick up some coolant for his Cayman. Saw a 2010/11 GT3.

http://www.germanautotech.ca/

Anyone use them? My car is CPO, but for an oil change or minor work this would be more convenient (and i hope cheaper) than going to Pfaff.

I have used Furtmair before... good guy, but very very expensive.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:56 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts

Are you good at turning a wrench? Might be worth doing the work yourself. You know the saying "If you want it done right......."
Old 07-21-2010, 08:20 PM
bavorak
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think this is Mike who use to work for Uli and went off on his own last year. I know this because I read a bio they wrote about his new business in the business section of the Record.

Have not heard from anyone who has used him but I do know he is a Porsche guy himself. Met him a few times before at Furtmaier is a pleasant individual.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:40 AM
wurthguy
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have known Mike at German Autotech for quite a while and he is very qualified with Porsche repair. He helped me greatly by advising me on my first Porsche and then helping me get the car sorted. He has years of dealership experience with Audi/ Vw and worked at Furtmair ( very qualified Tech as well) . We are very fortunate in the K-W area to have such local talent. I deal with a lot of shops in the area through work and the these guys definately very passionate about Porsche !!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 09:21 AM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

I currently do my own work on the cars - oil changes, brakes, minor fixes... but I would check them out. A neighbor of mine also runs a garage for many years - he's near retirement, and a Porsche guy. He used to have a Boxster, and now just got a 2003 911.

P

Quick Reply: KW Porsche service