Notices

Classified Scam Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 10:44 AM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bavorak
That is a good approach to take, I too like to give people the benefit of the doubt and treat everyone with respect until they give me a reason not to. I live my life by the rule " always treat others the same way you would like to be treated" To me thats with honesty and respect.
I generally do that as well... but too many bad experiences selling cars, I now treat all car buyers close to the opposite. I am always suspicious until I have the cash in hand.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:43 PM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

Yesterday I changed my strategy a little bit. I met a potential buyer (for a list of motorcycle parts) at a public place, then asked him to see his drivers license so I could record his address. He asked, "why?" To which I answered, "I'm taking you to my house, so I want to know where yours is............"

He looked shocked, but it clears the BS in a hurry because no scammer or dirtbag is going to expect that. If he say's "no" case closed..............
Old 07-16-2010, 07:58 PM
bavorak
Instructor

Excellent, somewhat unconventional but completly acceptable. If you are a serious buyer with good intentions then there should be no need to hide your identity.

Quick Reply: Classified Scam Thread