Notices

For those who parade around Yorkville

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 08:19 AM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
really? loser laps burn gas in a not so fun way. just pull into a timmies and use ur rear wing as a coffee bench. if ur in the right suburb you won't have to do anything at all. and if it doesn't pull, at least u got an iced cap and a chance to laugh at cavaliers with fart cans
Old 06-09-2010, 11:19 AM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 303 Likes on 207 Posts

Maybe it's the tail and it's red ..... woman (my age ) are always giving me the stare with a smile.

The kids compliment the M3 far more than the 911.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:31 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 274 Likes on 183 Posts

I get folks spinning on their heels to see the Z, pointing and coming over to the window to comment at intersections but narry a look at the 993tt......go figure.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay - not a word of a lie - and it's actually a bit embarassing.

On St Patrick's day - I was driving north on Avenue Road about 10pm - heading to hockey. There had been much revelry on the streets that night - the town just seemed in a party mood.

I pulled over to reply to an email (being safe and all) and as I'm concentrating - there's a knock on the passenger window. I glance up in a valley of gorgeous 20-somthing-year old clevage falling out of a white tank top.

I roll the window down and this beautiful blond face leans in - clearly "happy with beer" but not outrageously sloshed. I'm shocked and figure - she's lost, needs a light etc. She says, "Wow - what a great car!"

I stammer out a "thanks" and there's an awkward pause. (This is the part where any single guy or savvy player would say, "Wanna ride?")

She then asks - "What year?" " '91" I reply - still totally caught off guard, and frankly now agog at how cute she is.

She says, "Awesome" and perhaps sensing I'm NOT actually gonna offer the E-ticket ride, stands up and continues walking up the street. (reading this over - you'd say - clearly a "working girl" - but no - nothing about this girl suggested that (esp the location) - she was cleary just a happy party-goer who dug the air-cooled's - on her way home)

Not being single nor a player - I steady myself - complete my email and head north - still in utter disbelief and shock.

No - the guys at hockey didn't believe me either. But its true - so I guess it CAN happen.

RK
Old 06-10-2010, 12:03 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

RK, great story... I believe it! I think it happens to those that aren't "out hunting". I would think that in general girls, like the one in your story, are turned off by guys who think they're hot **** out in their nice cars cruising through Yorkville...

So if you're out "hunting"... pull over and ignore them!
Old 06-10-2010, 06:36 PM
ekam
Drifting

Received 507 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by rideau
I was in conversation with a very beautiful and charming young woman yesterday and the conversation turned to those individuals who drive slowly around the Yorkville Cumberland block in their cars (Porsche, Ferrari etc).
She observed that they are usually alone and wanting to attract attention.
She and her friends term this activity as "Loser Laps" Obviously, this activity is counterproductive.
You can say the same about girls in Yorkville. They're generally alone, dress provocatively, walking in their high heel stilletos to attract attention from men with money.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:25 PM
ZR8ED
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ronnie993tt
I get folks spinning on their heels to see the Z, pointing and coming over to the window to comment at intersections but narry a look at the 993tt......go figure.
I hear ya on the Z. I even get Porsche guys following me to ask me about mine!!
Old 06-13-2010, 09:10 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 274 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR8ED
I hear ya on the Z. I even get Porsche guys following me to ask me about mine!!
I didn't even mention the guys with cars worth 10x as much coming over to look at it. Who'd believe ya?!
Old 06-13-2010, 09:19 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ the z's were such a pretty car. my buddy Justin had a silver one (exactly same year as yours). It was slow as the tide by todays standards but it was just sooo pretty.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:50 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

My first car was a 240... too bad about the rust
Old 06-13-2010, 11:30 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Rally Guy
Okay - not a word of a lie - and it's actually a bit embarassing.

On St Patrick's day - I was driving north on Avenue Road about 10pm - heading to hockey. There had been much revelry on the streets that night - the town just seemed in a party mood.

I pulled over to reply to an email (being safe and all) and as I'm concentrating - there's a knock on the passenger window. I glance up in a valley of gorgeous 20-somthing-year old clevage falling out of a white tank top.

I roll the window down and this beautiful blond face leans in - clearly "happy with beer" but not outrageously sloshed. I'm shocked and figure - she's lost, needs a light etc. She says, "Wow - what a great car!"

I stammer out a "thanks" and there's an awkward pause. (This is the part where any single guy or savvy player would say, "Wanna ride?")

She then asks - "What year?" " '91" I reply - still totally caught off guard, and frankly now agog at how cute she is.

She says, "Awesome" and perhaps sensing I'm NOT actually gonna offer the E-ticket ride, stands up and continues walking up the street. (reading this over - you'd say - clearly a "working girl" - but no - nothing about this girl suggested that (esp the location) - she was cleary just a happy party-goer who dug the air-cooled's - on her way home)

Not being single nor a player - I steady myself - complete my email and head north - still in utter disbelief and shock.

No - the guys at hockey didn't believe me either. But its true - so I guess it CAN happen.

RK
This story could have ended with a "Happy Ending", no pun intended, then it would have never been posted. Thankfully it didn't.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:11 PM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ekam
You can say the same about girls in Yorkville. They're generally alone, dress provocatively, walking in their high heel stilletos to attract attention from men with money.
My guess is that the cruise in the p-car is something that is rooted in our teen years. I know for me, every time i drive it feels like i'm 18.
The difference being, now, stilletos are off limits, due to the risk of putting a hole in the carpet. (or headliner!!)

Quick Reply: For those who parade around Yorkville