Notices

Edenvale?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Bryan Henry
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edenvale?

I am hearing rumors that the track is a no go. Anyone have any information on it?
Old 06-07-2010, 06:40 PM
webbie
Pro

I heard that Lee (ex-dunnville organizer) has a disagreement with the track owner, the first track day is a no go.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:39 PM
9six4
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard through another forum that it was killed because of local residents noise concerns. RIP Dunnvile
Old 06-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Bryan Henry
Instructor

Its already an airport! No residents anyway except a few farms. Jeez it use to be a military base even
Old 06-08-2010, 12:02 PM
webbie
Pro

http://thegarageblog.com/garage/an-u...k-development/

Since the first planned lapping day had to be cancelled at Edenvale the rumours have been flying, a few rather nasty. As we were the first ones to break the news of the revival it obviously was best to go to the boss man, Lee Abrahamson, to get the proper story.

The original plan called for the use of land adjacent to the Aerodrome as well as the Aerodrome property. All seemed to be a go until suddenly at the end of April the adjacent land owner decided not to complete the lease deal. Lee then had to reconfigure his planned layout utilizing only the property within Edenvale Aerodrome. Obviously this has put all plans well behind including the final agreement with the owners of Edenvale. Remember this is a working Aerodrome and everything has to be planned around that.

A verbal agreement has been concluded and Lee is expecting the first signing of paperwork by the end of this week. From there it will lead to a 20 year lease which once signed will allow construction to proceed. You do not sort out the legal details of a project like this overnight.

So as of now all is still a go. It is just going to be longer than planned and hoped before things are operational.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Bryan Henry
Instructor

Thanks for the update, I am looking very forward to both attending and some day participating at their events. Heck I won't even need a trailer, I could push a car over its so close
Old 06-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

How much does it cost to pave road? If these kinds of things are actually viable business ventures, why not find some parcel of land in the middle of nowhere, based on distance from residents, and build a track from scratch?
Old 06-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Bryan Henry
Instructor

I agree that it should be just that easy but look at the trouble existing tracks are having, not to mention Fort Erie's troubles or Calabogies. A good friend up the road wants to put in a campground on his 300 acre parcel and they are making him jump through more hoops than one can imagine. Meanwhile their is another campground about 1/4 mile further down the same road.

I feel anything around here is great and might even teach the younger drivers that adding neon and chrome does not make them race car drivers blasting across town

Quick Reply: Edenvale?