Notices

Flex orbital polisher in Canada?

Old 04-22-2010, 06:46 PM
DHI
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Flex orbital polisher in Canada?

It appears I've convinced myself that I need a Flex orbital Polisher. (Yeah right!) Justified or not, I never regretted buying high quality stuff.

Is there a good place to purchase from in Canada?

Cheers!
David
Old 04-22-2010, 06:58 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,003 Likes on 711 Posts

never even heard of it ... most of us use the Porter cable available at C.T. eshine and some other outlets.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:43 PM
DHI
Rennlist Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yht1uHJLNlQ

Flex XC 3401 VRG Made in Germany.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:27 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 232 Likes on 155 Posts

I think the guy on the left was pressing harder?
Old 04-22-2010, 09:29 PM
DHI
Rennlist Member

The Flex has a stronger motor, longer "throws" (8mm) and forced rotation. It will allow more pressure without slowing down, although extra pressure not required.
A little net research convinced me that the Flex is a superior machine (at a superior cost)
Old 04-23-2010, 10:47 AM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you can try eshine.ca. They seem pretty reasonably priced for a lot of stuff which I would otherwise need to get from the states... (no affiliation, etc).
Old 04-23-2010, 06:58 PM
bavorak
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DHI
The Flex has a stronger motor, longer "throws" (8mm) and forced rotation. It will allow more pressure without slowing down, although extra pressure not required.
A little net research convinced me that the Flex is a superior machine (at a superior cost)
I agree, this looks like a quality machine. Since I had no prior experience wit orbital polishers I purchased the Porter Cable advanced kit from Detailers Domain. I think if this one ever goes on the fritz I will replace it with the Flex also. Try Detailers Domain, with the strong dollar there is no reason to shy away. Shipping was quick and they offer it in discounted kits where you will possibly get some quality product for little added cost.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:31 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

i bought the Flex and pads, Menzerna etc from Detailers Domain last year. Funny thing is I just used it all today, Menzerna power finish then Po85D, then KAI. My black 993 was full of swirls etc.

The Flex made it look like new. Took me 7 hours !! and still need to put the glaze on but going to rain tomorrow (and my back is killing me!!)

Superior products = superior returns. It really did make a huge difference and from what I have heard and i think just experienced - the Flex is twice the machine of the Porter.

Go for it
Old 04-24-2010, 10:40 PM
DHI
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the feedback VERN.

Originally Posted by vern1
i bought the Flex and pads, Menzerna etc from Detailers Domain last year. Funny thing is I just used it all today, Menzerna power finish then Po85D, then KAI. My black 993 was full of swirls etc.

The Flex made it look like new. Took me 7 hours !! and still need to put the glaze on but going to rain tomorrow (and my back is killing me!!)

Superior products = superior returns. It really did make a huge difference and from what I have heard and i think just experienced - the Flex is twice the machine of the Porter.

Go for it
Old 04-24-2010, 11:04 PM
vern1
Drifting

sure thing. i know you are in montreal but if anyone wants to borrow it be my guest. i will probably use it a couple of times a year but its made to be used a lot more than that....

vern
Old 04-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

DHI I do detailing and if you would like a sample or see how the different tools work, PM me. I am doing a fellow Rennlister's car on Saturday(May 1) and you are more than welcome to swing by.
Dwane
Old 04-25-2010, 09:57 PM
DHI
Rennlist Member

Awesome Dwane. Interested. Check PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:49 PM
bavorak
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vern1

Go for it
Vern, I have the Menzerna products as well (SF and SIP), my final stage is Hartglanz- Glanz wax. I was very impressed with the results, Its hard to tell on the White Porsche because the paint is still flawless, but did my mothers BMW 540i (Sterling Grey) before she traded it in and what a difference. For a 5 year old car the paint was like new again.

What is the Po85D and KAI you are reffering to?
Old 04-26-2010, 10:51 PM
vern1
Drifting

The P085D is a final polish ie low cut and high gloss (see attached link the shows all the Menzerna products). I used the Power Finish to get rid of the swirls etc and the P085 for that extra touch. Many say you dont need it for light colours but gives extra depth to the black paint.

The KAI is Klasse All in One, a syntheic polymer paint cleaner and sealant. The Klasse sealant glaze is the last step to protect it. Some even add a layer of carnuba for overkill.

http://autogeek.net/menzerna-of-germany.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Flex orbital polisher in Canada?